ClubWRX Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Æternum
15,163 Posts
Illinois has some of the biggest price differences between 87 and 93 octane in the country. From $.80 to $1.00 more per gallon.
This is a running cost for the WRX/STI. Unfortunately, the macro trend of downsizing and turbocharging is forcing more and more cars to rely on higher octane fuel. The demand goes up, the price goes up. It's been trending for over a decade now.

·
10,511 Posts
This is a running cost for the WRX/STI. Unfortunately, the macro trend of downsizing and turbocharging is forcing more and more cars to rely on higher octane fuel. The demand goes up, the price goes up. It's been trending for over a decade now.
That's why we need the one stroke external combustion engine. Kind of like this, but with more propulsion and less catastrophe.

·
Æternum
15,163 Posts
We need better fucking batteries.

The fact that we haven't evolved from the same battery chemistry that has been in use for a century is absurd.

I've been anxiously awaiting metal-air batteries for what... 15 years now?

·
10,511 Posts
We need better fucking batteries.

The fact that we haven't evolved from the same battery chemistry that has been in use for a century is absurd.

I've been anxiously awaiting metal-air batteries for what... 15 years now?
Always hear about new battery technology but when it comes down to manufacuring feasibility they always fall on their face. Seems like we need to work on manufacturing technology of the batteries as much as the technology itself.

Or, and a way more fun idea, my project orion style boom and go external combustion engine idea.

·
Æternum
15,163 Posts
Project Orion as in nuclear detonation pulse propulsion?

OK, you understand me.

As long as you don't try to sell me on the Bussard Ramjet snakeoil.

·
10,511 Posts
Project Orion as in nuclear detonation pulse propulsion?

OK, you understand me.

As long as you don't try to sell me on the Bussard Ramjet snakeoil.
Yes, that project orion, boom then zoom

Nah, we all know hydrogen is dangerous.

·
Æternum
15,163 Posts
FWIW, I would be advocating for stellar engineering like the Schkadov thruster to cross the abyss between stars, but the whole goal is to get the hell away from humanity, not take humanity with me...

·
10,511 Posts
FWIW, I would be advocating for stellar engineering like the Schkadov thruster to cross the abyss between stars, but the whole goal is to get the hell away from humanity, not take humanity with me...
Imagine the absurdity of blasting off across the universe to find an alien planet, then explaining to them the earth is dying because we run our transportation by contained explosions from flammable dinosaur leavings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All!

I just purchased my first Subaru/WRX. 2020 Limited Silver. Muller Subaru in Highland Park, IL. At 53, this has been my dream car. I was a VW fanboy for 15 years ( multiple GTI’s, GLI’s, a Passat and A4). However, I have never been more stoked about a car than my WRX. I traded in a 5 month old CX30. I quickly realized that a boring CUV was not my style. Staying young at heart is why I had to finally get this beauty!
Nice welcome! I’m also in Illinois in Des plaines with 19 wrx

21 - 30 of 30 Posts