ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I just purchased my first Subaru/WRX. 2020 Limited Silver. Muller Subaru in Highland Park, IL. At 53, this has been my dream car. I was a VW fanboy for 15 years ( multiple GTI’s, GLI’s, a Passat and A4). However, I have never been more stoked about a car than my WRX. I traded in a 5 month old CX30. I quickly realized that a boring CUV was not my style. Staying young at heart is why I had to finally get this beauty!

·
Æternum
21,276 Posts
Welcome to Club and congrats on your purchase!

Keep in mind that engine modifications require tuning, intakes do not necessarily add horsepower, and you have a great factory warranty that can be dismissed due to modifications.

If you have any questions, just ask! I'm not an authority on the FA platform, but other contributors here are more familiar.

·
12,232 Posts
They are dandy vehicles and a stark change in dynamic to the VW world.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
325 Posts
Welcome! Develop a relationship with either P&L or Six Star Motorsports and check out Chitown Subarus on Facebook. Those three leads alone are filled with endless knowledge.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Develop a relationship with either P&L or Six Star Motorsports and check out Chitown Subarus on Facebook. Those three leads alone are filled with endless knowledge.

Thank you! Will do!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello All!

I just purchased my first Subaru/WRX. 2020 Limited Silver. Muller Subaru in Highland Park, IL. At 53, this has been my dream car. I was a VW fanboy for 15 years ( multiple GTI’s, GLI’s, a Passat and A4). However, I have never been more stoked about a car than my WRX. I traded in a 5 month old CX30. I quickly realized that a boring CUV was not my style. Staying young at heart is why I had to finally get this beauty!
JRZYB...I also bought a new 2020 limited 3 weeks ago...I'm in Algonquin,IL...btw...Im 56...stepping away from a hemi challenger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JRZYB...i also bought a new 2020 limited 3 weeks ago...I'm in Algonquin,IL
Nice! My car is at Muller Subaru as we speak. I’m getting a ceramic coating and Michelin P Zero All Seasons put on. I’m hoping to sell the stock summer tires on Facebook.

·
Registered
45 Posts
been trying to sell my challengers summer tire wheels on facebook....so tired of "is this available" posts and scheduling a meet time and nobody shows up....gotta be another way.no special coatings on the paint for me,ill wax 6 times a year and put the $1500.00 in the bank...lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
been trying to sell my challengers summer tire wheels on facebook....so tired of "is this available" posts and scheduling a meet time and nobody shows up....gotta be another way.no special coatings on the paint for me,ill wax 6 times a year and put the $1500.00 in the bank...lol
I negotiated the dealership down from $600 to $425. Hopefully I get more than what I paid for, haha. I plan to keep the car for at least 6 years, so we’ll see.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
325 Posts
I negotiated the dealership down from $600 to $425. Hopefully I get more than what I paid for, haha. I plan to keep the car for at least 6 years, so we’ll see.
Seems awfully cheap for a ceramic coating. I was going to get one done but was advised it would be a waste without a proper paint correction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All!

What octane grade gas are you using in your new WRX?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Buckys Mobil carries 93...it aint cheap but neither is detonation in the chambers.Ive always ran high octane in every car Ive owned.Ill do it just for the added detergents.

·
12,232 Posts
Buckys Mobil carries 93...it aint cheap but neither is detonation in the chambers.Ive always ran high octane in every car Ive owned.Ill do it just for the added detergents.
They are virtually worthless on direct injection vehicles as the fuel doesn't pass the valves so all those detergents just get burnt up and sent back through the egr system to bake onto the valves.

However, in a turbo application I always use our "premium" 93 octane however110 is readily available to me at the pump within a 10 minute drive.

·
Registered
367 Posts
They are virtually worthless on direct injection vehicles as the fuel doesn't pass the valves so all those detergents just get burnt up and sent back through the egr system to bake onto the valves.

However, in a turbo application I always use our "premium" 93 octane however110 is readily available to me at the pump within a 10 minute drive.
Are you saying it's better to avoid fuel with detergents? Is that with an sti also? I go to Sunoco & have been told they use minimum additives.

·
12,232 Posts
No. Just saying you're not getting the advertised benefits. The STI still uses Port Injection.

Basically this
Are you saying it's better to avoid fuel with detergents? Is that with an sti also? I go to Sunoco & have been told they use minimum additives.
The detergents in fuel can still help you with your port injected EJ257. Arguments can be made about its actual effectiveness, but either way, its there preventing/breaking down the buildup on intake valves as it passes by. Its more important you buy fuel from clean tanks/maintained tanks vs the detergent package. Gasoline is already a hell of a solvent.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts