Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just bought my first WRX, or should say im in the process of finishing the purchase. Buying it sight unseen, also a first for me. Brings me to my question for all of you more familiar with the WRX and their mods.

What are the red circles on the intake cover? I dont see them on pictures of other 2016 WRX. I have requested better pictures of them but have not recieved them yet.

Thanks guys.

·
Æternum
15,861 Posts
Engine bay dress-up.

But it should make you question the previous owner. Often these silly mods are accompanied by other silly mods. Ideally you don't want someone elses' project.

You can also CLEARLY see that the retaining clips are missing on the intake scoop. Not only was an intake previously installed on the car, but the seller tried to half-ass install stock parts on the car.

Seriously, don't buy this car. Bought stupid engine dress-up parts but couldn't be bothered to buy $0.50 retaining clips for the intake scoop... 🙄 Typical of a turbo Subaru owner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all. Just bought my first WRX, or should say im in the process of finishing the purchase. Buying it sight unseen, also a first for me. Brings me to my question for all of you more familiar with the WRX and their mods.

What are the red circles on the intake cover? I dont see them on pictures of other 2016 WRX. I have requested better pictures of them but have not recieved them yet.

Thanks guys. View attachment 329306
From my view they look like them aftermarket dress up bolts & washers. I’ve put them on my Honda’s many many moons ago.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
442 Posts
..Seriously, don't buy this car. Bought stupid engine dress-up parts but couldn't be bothered to buy $0.50 retaining clips for the intake scoop... Typical of a turbo Subaru owner.
This. You’ll probably buy it though and it’ll probably start knocking within the first month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts