ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I actually don't have a WRX yet, but am going to get one in hopefully the coming months. I'm looking for a 2011 WRX Premium 4 door. I want the WRX over the STi because I'll be coming from a Nissan Versa, so anything is really going to seem faster!

I have been reading a lot on your site and there is a TON of information. Just wanted to know if there are any additional things I should try to get at the dealer that are a PITA to get after-the-fact. I already decided that I'm going to want to do a COBB Downpipe, intake, and tune. Thanks everyone in advance for the information!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hello and welcome! I'm a relatively new owner from MD as well. I've been thinking about similar upgrades but was curious about how they would work with MD emissions testing?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Welcome :)

Axex said:
Hello and welcome! I'm a relatively new owner from MD as well. I've been thinking about similar upgrades but was curious about how they would work with MD emissions testing?
Tampering with emission control devices make your car no longer street legal in any state. If you plan on doing so, make sure you read up on testing done in your area, and have your ducks in a row beforehand.

KronosPerformance said:
As long as youre catted you should have no problems with emissions on a typical bolt on car.
Depends on the testing done. A catted downpipe can fail visual, and will likely fail a tailpipe sniffer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
863 Posts
Emissions testing is a breeze in MD. OBD-II port scan, maybe a visual inspection for a cat, and $14. My '09 stage 2 WRX with an OTS AP map and Perrin catted downpipe passed without any problems a couple weeks ago. The guy who inspected my car didn't even get the mirror out but one of the inspectors was scrutinizing an old lady in her LaSabre. :screwy: All the guy asked me was "Is this the fast one?" so I downplayed it and said no since it isn't an STI. ;)

A couple other things...a) I live in MD and b) if you have a new car an emissions inspection won't be required for 2+ years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts