Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I want to introduce myself, and a bit of a backstory to who I am, and what led me to the WRX platform. Originally being a Honda/Acura enthusiast, I had reached the top and had a decently powered K20A2 swapped RSX base model pushing 230whp which was nearly a decade ago. Of course, we all find happiness and get married, and having kids didn't allow me to keep my car which I got rid of for a truck.

It was a sad day, but it was for the best. Fast forward a few cars down the road and my commuter car was a 2015 Fiat 500L (6MT mind you) On May 29th, my car became flooded from really bad rain in my area, I knew then my car was toast. As of yesterday, I am the proud owner of a 2019 WRX Premium (6MT) that I not only received a hefty discount from, but very surprised at how low the payments were for them.

Plans? Well, we all have plans, but family comes first for me. I feel that with a few simple bolt-ons and Cobb Access Port I will be happy with the power, my true love for turns will most likely take me down a path of suspension modifications, while retaining good throttle response which is what I aim to maintain.

So if you guys and girls are near the Philly, NJ, DE area and see a REALLY tall guy driving a Dark Grey Metallic WRX, it might just be me.\

Side Note: The pic of the WRX is not mine, it's been rain out here, so no pics yet.

IMG_5605.jpg 128700791.jpg

·
Registered
423 Posts
You may want to keep in mind that engine modifications may lead to warranty issues in the future. Subaru and many other manufacturers are very stringent on warranty work on vehicles that have been modified.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations! A WRX has been my dream diaily driver for quite some time. I'm 56, so I've had my fair share of "sensible " vehicles. My wife and I have always had a nice family SUV (her's), a variety of beaters (mine), and an SVT Cobra vert since 2003 (12,000 miles, 550 hp) for fun. Last month I finally pulled the trigger and traded my hand-me-down 2010 Mitsu Outlander for a 2019 Premium, 6mt, Crystal White Pearl, Sport Package. Waited 11 weeks for the special order. The dealer threw in the stock wheels, and I had a set of Pilot Alpins mounted for the winter. Probably won't do anything but drive it until I retire in 6 years ( fingers crossed), but I plan on modding quite a bit after that. I live in Philly too, so I'll be looking for you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah nice, good to see another old person in the mix here, even though I'm 38...I guess it still counts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Haha, it sure does! Seems like every thumbs up I get from another Rex is someone about my daughter's age (29). Your only as old as you feel. I like being the gray haired guy with the cool car

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice Cobra, and nice Subie, both are clean and looking fresh. Agreed, only as young as you feel/act.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually live outside of Philly, in a town called Trevose, but I just consider it Philly since the city is so big

1 - 10 of 10 Posts