ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, im new to the forum and am looking forward to learning alot about my car and what i can do to it.

Basically i have a dead stock 08 WRX Hatchback, i know very little about it and basically bought it so i can have a very versatile
vehicle without compromising power. I really want to mod this car to get more out of it. Im definitely going to need some help though!

I want to install a couple things to start off with before i get into anything advanced and had some questions in particular on one of these items..

Downpipes.. I want to install a downpipe as i hear it is worth the money and adds additional power..

My questions-
;)
Who should i go with? I thought of Perrin off the bat but others say Cobb is better...

How hard is the install on a 08 WRX? I know the basics but never had the privilege to install one, i know PB blaster is a must...

Considering i have never installed one should i even try? I want to become experienced with my vehicle and decided to try and do everything myself
but there will be limitations, is this one of them?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I did read about the tune, and did plan on tuning it. I just wanted to know if i should do the installation myself, i knew it was pretty easy
but as i am new to this i was very skeptical.

Thank you for the instructions they were pretty helpful.

Also what exactly IS a stage 2 tune? (explain simply, im a newb:))

Thank you guys

Also, are these legal ones with a cat? I still want to pass smog, i have read and they say they do have a highflow cat, just making sure.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Stage 2 Tune is a particular MAP that COBB Tuning offers for WRX/STIs that have at least a downpipe. You do this with an Accessport. You simply plug it into your computer and flash your computer with the Accessport device.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see that makes sense, i feel much more comfortable changing it out now.

I recently went and got a catback exhaust system on it, it sounds great! It used to sound like a Prius, lol..

Thank you guys for the assistance, i appreciate it. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts