ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the mod world and got a few questions so humor me...
1. If I need to a replace a tire do I gotta replace all 4? Cuz I hear the AWD sys. Overcompensates if one tire is diff frm the rest...
2. I got round 300 hp.. Best way start tuning and keep it as original as possible... I need all the help I can get.. THANKS!

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Welcome to the forum, yes with awd you have to go in 4's, also with the power try stage 2 plus there are other power adders you can look into to get power

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say with number 2. Grammar is needed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what if i have the tire shaved to match the other 3?
and sry for question number 2 i meant i want the car to look as original as possible but also have more power behind it.. the car looks gorgeous as is i dont really wanna change the outward appearance but if i dont will it affect performance?

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
No appearance should affect performance. Unless you add stickers, then you can gain serious power

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
frm what ive read bdykits n such can affect the way the original aerodynamics of the car function, add weight, and lower its top speed.. but thnx fer the help anyway..

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
and sry for question number 2 i meant i want the car to look as original as possible but also have more power behind it.. the car looks gorgeous as is i dont really wanna change the outward appearance but if i dont will it affect performance?
The only way to change the outward appearance to improve performance would be to add the biggest wing you can find & maybe some canards.If you do not plan on doing any of those you are fine.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Streakofblue04 said:
what if i have the tire shaved to match the other 3?
You can do that, but how often do you order a pizza and throw half in the garbage before eating your first slice?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well ya but the other three are practically brand new n i have less than 10000 miles and i still got like 85 percent tred on them

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Shaving tires is a bad idea. A tire that has worn through heat cycling and true road wear is different than one worn by a machine. Even if you can get them to the exact wear pattern they won't continue to wear evenly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hadnt thought of that.. but i got less than 10000 EASY miles on the other 3 with more than 80 percent tread on em.. what do i do??

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Club! :wave:

We kid around a lot here. Words like "cuz" won't get too far. And hard to read grammar does not work well either.

If the tire tread depths are within 2/32" of one another, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes they are! thank you very much! and ya i kinda noticed.. i guess i deserve it a little considering my noobishness.. and ya i will definitely work on improving it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts