ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I think I want to change out my Greddy Intake to a AEM intake. My problem is I have a FMIC, anyone knows if I can use the AEM short ram with my FMIC? Hate to buy it only to find out I cant use it. Im also thinking about getting rid of the FMIC and replacing it with an STI TMIC because I still use the stock turbo and I dont think I will be doing the upgrade because of Issues with smog. So is it better that I just wait and replace both at the same time? :confused:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
current mods??

the AEM short ram most likely wont fit without modification as it is in a L-shape check it out here

get a turboxs/cobb/blitz style short ram and even then you may still have to mess with the MAF hose to get it to fit correctly.

if you already have a FMIC, you are taking a step back with the STi TMIC-- if you want to go top mount just do a TurboXS or Perrin-- but a mod list would really allow other members to give advice in your situation.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
If your on the stock turbo, spend your money elsewhere. You have a FMIC and an intake, grab yourself at least a Big 16G and a tune and make the most of it.

Are you in Cali?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I live in Cali and Im all for the big turbo upgrade but my problem is the smoging issues out here. Other wise by now I would have picked up an vf34 or a 18G, but by doing that I know I need sti injectors, a larger fuel pump and maybe a new fuel rail. Which is great and all but when it comes time to smog I have to swap everything back and I dont know if thats really worth it. Im at a midpoint with my car.

I can go forward and do the upgrades and ride it till the wheels fall off or I can slowly start to make it some what stock again.

I have read up about the IHI VF23 and understand that I can use that turbo with my current setup without having to change the injectors/fuel pump as long as my boost isnt over 14.7 psi. At least thats what it says. :confused:

I am thinking about using this turbo with an SPT intake and an STi TMIC that way I can be somewhat legit and when it comes time to smog just swap out the downpipe and flash the ecu to stock and I should still be ok??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts