ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi!

About two months ago I decided that I deserve a WRX.

One month ago, I found this site and have been lurking ever since.

Last night, this happened:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Welcome to the club man and congrats on the new ride!!

Great color choice too :thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I do love the color. I was initially going to go for the Plasma Blue, but the Jeep this is replacing was starting to fall to pieces, and as far as I can tell there wasn't a single Plasma anywhere in Vermont.

Plus once a saw the grey in person, I couldn't resist!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thanks! I do love the color. I was initially going to go for the Plasma Blue, but the Jeep this is replacing was starting to fall to pieces, and as far as I can tell there wasn't a single Plasma anywhere in Vermont.

Plus once a saw the grey in person, I couldn't resist!
You bought the fastest color. Good job.

Welcome & congratulations.Getting a DGM myself soon.
Forester XT in DGM?

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome! It is a very fast color, just don't take it off road. Everyone knows that World Rally Blue is the only color that can offroad.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new car! It's a great color. It doesn't show dirt as much as plain black, but it almost looks black.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, a bit of a follow up after one week of ownership and 500 some miles:

I LOVE THIS FREAKING CAR!

I've never had a flashy car, the closest I ever had before was a rebuilt Ford Focus that was 2 - 3 years old. I can't get over the fact that I'm getting waves, head turns, etc. I've seen a few fellow WRX drivers, and we've all enthusiastically waved to each other with huge goofy-ass grins on our faces.

I can't get over how much fun it is to drive. I'm coming from a lifted Jeep Cherokee Sport that I had been driving for the last +/- three years, and staying its a night and day difference would be an understatement.

Tomorrow I'll most likely be getting my stereo installed, and some window tint put in. As far as performance goes, I think I'll take it slow for a little while, maybe just start with dropping in a K&N air filter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts