ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, whats up. I recently got a 2005 WRX. It's black and came with a decent pair of Motegi racing wheels. I love the look of the shark fin roof spoiler, and have already gotten that. I have also gotten a BBP N1 catback exhaust that rumbles beautifully. I have a little extra money to spend on more mods, and wanted to get an HKS blow off valve. What other mods do you think would add a kick to the car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
honestly I wouldn't spend my money on a BOV. Unless your absolutely obsessed with the sound, from what I hear you should save for a tune if your doing a TBE>

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
wrxtreme06 said:
1) leave the stock BPV
If you like being gaudy, get an aftermarket valve. Just don't get one that sounds like a squelched fart (SSQV). The awful sound aside, the HKS is notorious for leaking, so that's another reason to avoid it.

An aftermarket valve is rarely necessary on a car that hasn't had at least one motor rebuild. It's strictly a "Hey, look at me!" modification.

wrxtreme06 said:
2) get a catless uppipe ASAP.
This should be done yesterday. Failure to do so can result in you replacing your turbo after it eats the catalyst material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts