Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I’m new to the WRX I picked up a 2017 Limited last year with the AT trans... well... I was trying to squeeze into my driveway and wasn’t paying attention, and hit my mirror... the only thing that broke was the lens for the turn signal and the bulb.. everything else just popped right back on.. well, I got into the car to drive it and it started right up (mind you the next night this was) and the AT Oil Temp Yellow light was blinking and it would not come out of park... I then tried my hazard lights and they didn’t work.. I also tried my turn signal and got nothing... locking and u locking the the car also no lights coming on... now I’m a diesel mechanic... but why the hell would all this be connected??? The car has 40k on it and has a Cobb intake and tuner. It’s been on there for a while 6 months and never had trouble.. so what the hell do I check first.. seems weird it would all be connected and won’t let me drive? Any advice would be great it was dark and I had to leave so I didn’t get time to check it out... any ideas!!! Thanks!!

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
In a CANbus single-wire system, it's possible that you damaged one of the controllers that relays the network to another controller. Seems strange that it would be so external. I'm no wiring expert, but did you replace the turn signal bulb? Some of this may be built-in safety to ensure that you don't drive off with a turn signal out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts