ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hi. Names Melissa. New to the AWD world. I have a premium DGM sedan wrx. I sold my procharged 98 Trans Am so there is a bit of a transition lol. But I love it and I dont know if I will ever go back. Please excuse the crappy pic. Havent had anytime to get good ones. :wave:

Still kinda miss her though...sniff sniff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha yeah we did have a little snow but we need a little more now. That was just a dusting :(. But Scoot (aka wrx) is already rocking her winter Blizzaks. In the summer I am going to buy another set of rims and SPT exhaust.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Welcome! Great color choice. Want to swap for my STI wing? ;)

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Welcome! Nice color choice on the wrx. DGM FTW!

Very nice f-body also! Numbers on that?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! Nice color choice on the wrx. DGM FTW!

Very nice f-body also! Numbers on that?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Trans Am not fully tuned made 520hp to the wheels and 490tq on 5 1/2 lbs of boost with belt slip. Put the 8 rib procharger set up on it and it made 7 1/2 was pullied for 8lbs but never finished tuning it before I sold it. Didn't have the time for it anymore.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Welcome aboard! Haven't seen many DGMs in the sedan style - looks great. I went hatch DGM and have no regrets - I understand it is the fastest color.

I would love to hear your thoughts on comparing the procharged V8 power to your new ride. Feel, handling, how the power comes on and how they make you feel. I went from a big V8 (5.9) to my WRX and it was definitely a change. Feel free to post your thoughts here or in the WRX v. World section.

Good boosting! :thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well this car is definitely the best handling thing I have ever driven. Up to this point I have had a mustang and the trans am and a jeep wrangler for my daily. Obviously not the best handling cars in the world lol. The most thing I find different is the control. The trans am always made me nervous being a rear wheel drive car and not putting the power to the ground well. It usually blew threw the tires into 3rd with my 4.10 gears. So I love that I can get on this and not feel like going to go sideways immediatly lol. It's hard to compare a car that made 520hp to the wheels to 265hp at the crank :). Boost wise the trans am with the procharger had very little lag at all as soon as it hit 4,000 rpms it went like a bat out of hell but I would never dream of doing any corners ugh body roll was terrible. I like how small the wrx is. I feel it's more my size lol. I'm not a very big girl so I always felt like I was driving a boat in the TA lolol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I moved 5 min from my job so I consolidated this to my daily driver as well. Ha I would never have dreamed of daily driving the TA the jeep was bad enough...the TA only got about 10 mpg on the highway. That was a good day lolol. If I would have finished getting it tuned I'm sure it would have been better but 60lb fuel injectors on a car untuned = super rich and really really bad gas millage.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Ew...Kansas.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts

·
785 Posts
Well this car is definitely the best handling thing I have ever driven. Up to this point I have had a mustang and the trans am and a jeep wrangler for my daily. Obviously not the best handling cars in the world lol. The most thing I find different is the control. The trans am always made me nervous being a rear wheel drive car and not putting the power to the ground well. It usually blew threw the tires into 3rd with my 4.10 gears. So I love that I can get on this and not feel like going to go sideways immediatly lol. It's hard to compare a car that made 520hp to the wheels to 265hp at the crank :). Boost wise the trans am with the procharger had very little lag at all as soon as it hit 4,000 rpms it went like a bat out of hell but I would never dream of doing any corners ugh body roll was terrible. I like how small the wrx is. I feel it's more my size lol. I'm not a very big girl so I always felt like I was driving a boat in the TA lolol.
Thanks for your thoughts on the car. The TA sounds like it was fun when you wanted it to be. Driving a V8 and a Boxer 4 are very different experiences. I do miss the massive torque I had down low, but I don't miss the terrible handling that I had (It was a 98 Grand Cherokee with the 5.9 in it - a rare beast). Have fun in the corners, and there is plenty of power to play with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for your thoughts on the car. The TA sounds like it was fun when you wanted it to be. Driving a V8 and a Boxer 4 are very different experiences. I do miss the massive torque I had down low, but I don't miss the terrible handling that I had (It was a 98 Grand Cherokee with the 5.9 in it - a rare beast). Have fun in the corners, and there is plenty of power to play with.
They didn't make many of those lol. Yeah I can't imagine the handling was great lol

·
785 Posts
They didn't make many of those lol. Yeah I can't imagine the handling was great lol
Yeah, it handled like a big pig, but once things straightened out it was fun. Nobody ever knew what it was, so when it went by the unsuspecting they always seemed a bit confused. :whoa: There is nothing quite like 4WD for a great start from a dig.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts