ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I currently drive a SRT 4. But am currently trying to sell it. Looking into a regular wrx or a evo. Depends on how much I get for it. But I am just joining to get some knowledge gathered up on these cars to help my choice. I am just wondering what are common problems to look for? How about maintenance ex timing belts, plugs and wire changes? Meaning how often. How much power can they safely make before doing damage. I probably would just do e85 exhaust intake and tune. I also hear some have motor problems? Help is appreciated thank you!

Ps im mainly looking for something that can be fun, yet a little bigger than the neon and more reliable since I am now a proud parent of a 11 month old(boy they grow fast!) I am looking into a evo because my friends seems much nicer for the family wise a lot of extra leg room and space for the car seat. (im a 6'0 230lb guy)

Just because other forums want pics pics pics! lol, heres some of the neon.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Nice SRT4. Are you looking used or new? If used any particular year? Subaru stopped taking orders on 2012 WRXs about a month ago.

·
Registered
44 Posts
you will start to break sh** at 300 awhp. Ive gone through a couple 5 speed transmissions bc i am to cheap for the 6 speed swap.. im running 22 psi on a 18g turbo at 309 awhp. :) subarus are great and make sure if you buy one with over 100,000 miles that the timing belt has been done or will be done. ej's are great motors and will last forever if you keep up with proper maintenance and dont dog the piss out of it all the time. I have 186,000 miles on my 03 bugeye and it still has great compression and runs strong! good luck with you decision!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts