ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me a while to figure out which wrx forum I wanted to join but I think this one is going to fit well. A little background on me...

I'm coming from a mazda speed6 that had a freak accident where I was letting it warm up and then it caught on fire. I then proceeded to watch as it burned to the ground. It was a sad day, I loved that car and put a lot of love into it. It was pretty much fully bolted running a custom Stage 2 map. I was just happy that no one was in it (especially my 6 month old) and that it wasn't in my garage.

I always knew a wrx was going to be my next car, I just didn't know it was going to be this soon! I picked up a WRB 2010 wrx hatch earlier in January and I've been loving it ever sense. I'm excited to learn a lot about this car and how to improve it. I'm going to keep my mods pretty simple for a while until I get a better feeling for the car. I'm thinking short throw w/ bushings, DP, and the open source tune. I ran an AP with the mazda but after reading so much about OS I feel that's a much better way for me to go.

Let the learning begin!

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
It took me a while to figure out which wrx forum I wanted to join but I think this one is going to fit well. A little background on me...

I'm coming from a mazda speed6 that had a freak accident where I was letting it warm up and then it caught on fire. I then proceeded to watch as it burned to the ground. It was a sad day, I loved that car and put a lot of love into it. It was pretty much fully bolted running a custom Stage 2 map. I was just happy that no one was in it (especially my 6 month old) and that it wasn't in my garage.

I always knew a wrx was going to be my next car, I just didn't know it was going to be this soon! I picked up a WRB 2010 wrx hatch earlier in January and I've been loving it ever sense. I'm excited to learn a lot about this car and how to improve it. I'm going to keep my mods pretty simple for a while until I get a better feeling for the car. I'm thinking short throw w/ bushings, DP, and the open source tune. I ran an AP with the mazda but after reading so much about OS I feel that's a much better way for me to go.

Let the learning begin!
Wow! First, thankfully you and your kid are ok. That sucks about your car but glad you're ok. And your home...

Secondly congrats. I love the WRB!

Third, hi.

·
Registered
42 Posts
wow, glad you are okay!!

Just a question, how can it just catch on fire....? D: I'm scared to warm my car up now

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha so many people have said that to me. My best guess was a cracked fuel line. I know the fire started on the drivers side but that's about it. There wasn't enough left for them to try and tell me what happened. The car kinda cursed I felt. A lot of weird things had happened to it and a lot of things it did that I just could never figure out. So RIP mazda, you'll never confuse anyone again!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Welcome :)

As said, glad everyone was alright...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts