ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my name is Justin, just picked up a 2003 Blue WRX. I love it, I used to have a 2001 Celica GT but was written off from a guy running a red light. Just looking at what I should get for first mods. My buddy bought me a HKS SSQV BOV cause he knew I wanted one but during this period I found out that I shouldn't use one and I know the reasons why etc... So what should I start off with? I was looking at the K&N Typhoon Short Ram intake with the heatshield or a up-pipe, down-pipe, turbo-back exhaust. Any help would be great or a link so I can read up on this stuff. Thanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
1st mods

Check out the stickys on the site they are very helpful. Don't worry about the intake just go with TBE (turbo back exhaust) and some engine management. Intake is a waste of money. Just buy a drop in K&N.

·
Registered
473 Posts
some kind of turboback exhaust + cobb accessport = happy subie owner with stage 2

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Please take some time to explore the link in my signature.

·
Registered
905 Posts
starting mods would depend on your personal desires for your car. do you want to go with power, or handling? sounds like power is your interest, and you have the right idea with up,tbe,em. and some tires too.

and maybe some lowering springs to lessen the wheel gap.

oh, and some tint (legal limit, of course).

and maybe some cool gauges to read stuff your car is doing...

etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yah I want gauges for sure. I like to monitor everything. :) I hope I can exchange that BOV though, still waiting to see if I can at the local shop. If I can't I'd like to just install it to see how it would act. Then probably sell it or keep it after I do the stage2 upgrade and some other mods. Just a question I noticed you can get catless packages with the downpipe and exhaust systems. Can I go catless without throwing a CEL or do I have to do something special because I'd rather go catless as it's not strict here. Just want to add that people here seem much nicer then the other subi forums.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I'm happy I was able to exchange the HKS SSQV BOV and got a Perrin Up-Pipe, Perrin Drop-in air filter, and Perrin shift knob.

·
Registered
905 Posts
... Can I go catless without throwing a CEL or do I have to do something special...
nah, running catless will throw a CEL, but EM would take care of that. the most popular would be UTEC or CobbAP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts