ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am turning the page from SUVs and Trucks to small and fast since i am selling my bike i need a car that will go fast I am looking to 26k and i am realizing that that will not get me an STI. The ? is should i settle for just a WRX and maybe 3-5 yrs down the road get an STI? I know they have major differences but is the WRX just as fun to drive and somewhat fast?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HELP PLEASE

So I am turning the page from SUVs and Trucks to small and fast since i am selling my bike i need a car that will go fast I am looking to spend 26k and i am realizing that that will not get me an STI. The ? is should i settle for just a WRX and maybe 3-5 yrs down the road get an STI? I know they have major differences but is the WRX just as fun to drive and somewhat fast?

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Welcome to the Club! :wave:

The WRX is plenty fun and nearly as fast as the much pricier STi. Among other goodies the STi adds are Brembo brakes and stronger 6 speed transmission.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome to the club

If your heart is set on getting a sti you could always get a older used one like a 2005-2009. The sti has a 6 speed and 305 hp compared to the 5 speed wrx and 265 hp (2012 2.5l).

It really depends on do you want a older used car or a brand new car that you could make stronger and better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts