ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just learned of the new HD Hero2 from GoPro. I at first I wasn't sure if it was worth the extra ~$60, but after reading the new features, it looks pretty sweet!

HD HERO2 Cameras - Professional Power to the People

Now, I just need to come up with some ideas to prove to the wife that it's "necessary".

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I've always been a ContourHD fan. It had 720p HD recording before GoPro, and really, before the whole POV cam market took off. The video was crisp and chop-free, and plus, it's got freakin' lasers on it!

I was looking at that that Hero 2 though, and I think I found my Christmas present. I like the external mic input (I hacked my Contour to have one, but right out of the box is great.) I also like the adjustable camera field angles. I hated the contant fish-eye effect of the older GoPros, but this one looks awesome!

One issue I always had with the Contours was wind noise, so I modified the chassis and sqeezed a microphone jack into the shell, and then used an external mic in my jacket. For cars, I kept the camera outside, and ran the mic into the footwell. You get all the growly engine noise with none of the wind.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I hate you guys.....now I totally want one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts