ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well am new from Houston. Recently bought a 2004 wrx with 120k a bit high,but i heard this car last for a long time.is that true?

well my firs question is making the hood scoop smaller would affect anything.wih one do ya recommend........thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
They will last a long time if maintained properly and driven safely

What scoop is on it now? Stock WRX scoop? Stock STI scoop? Aftermarket scoop? You can't really make it smaller than the WRX scoop without some custom work but my guess is its the STI one on there. If thats the case, trade it for a stock WRX scoop with the proper splitter.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey I live in Houston as well. I have a WRX and I've been thinking of getting the larger STI scoop for looks and if any extra air for performance I doubt it would make a difference here in the summer but in the cooler winter the extra air will help. You'll probably notice a difference when it gets crazy hot again next year. If you have the 04 STI scoop and want to sell it I'd be interested.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
if you do change scoops you need to get the proper splitter as well to see any benefit at all

·
Registered
179 Posts
If my IC is the stock one wouldn't the stock splitter fit? Or does the splitter actually fit the dimensions of the scoop instead?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts