ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just traded in a 700hp 2010 Camaro for a 2011 WRX. Got it on Thursday in new Orleans and left Friday morning for the Smokies. Drove the tail of the dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Blueridge pkwy and a few other very spirited roads:D. Although I lost 400+ horsepower, I think I'm falling in love with this car, I have not had this feel for handling and control since my e30, very driver oriented. I also plan on stepping up performance soon, so any ideas on what to do would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Welcome!

What all did you have done to the camaro? Any pics of it?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome!

What all did you have done to the camaro? Any pics of it?
heads/cam intake/exhaust lowered 2" big sways, poly mounts, zr1 twin disc and a few other goodies. I'll try and post some pictures when I get home from work of the maro and the new subie.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Taking your car to Stage 2 - basically an intake/downpipe or turbo back exhaust/and a tune - professional or AccessPORT - will get you close to those numbers at the crank. A Stage 2 mod is pretty driver friendly, mostly maintains reliability, and definitely adds power. Consider also upgrading the suspension (sways and endlinks) and lots of folks like adding a short shifter. Keep in mind, of course, all of these do impact your warranty claims depending on a variety of factors.

Welcome aboard and have fun!

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
hey... my folks live in Mandeville. Last time I was down there I didn't see too many Subarus.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey... my folks live in Mandeville. Last time I was down there I didn't see too many Subarus.

Enjoy.
Yeah, so far I'm really the only new WRX on the Northshore riding around. When I first got my Camaro 2 years ago there were only 3 on the Northshore and when I traded it in last week I couldn't leave my house without seeing one. So now I feel like I have some kind of rare exotic lol.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
hah... last time I was there I saw a DB9. Mandeville looked like it had a lot of money to go around. Its been a while since I was there. I used to go down every year, but ever since I had kids that slowed way down.

Miss the food - and seeing sports cars driving around on New Years Eve... You can't do that up here!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hah... last time I was there I saw a DB9. Mandeville looked like it had a lot of money to go around. Its been a while since I was there. I used to go down every year, but ever since I had kids that slowed way down.

Miss the food - and seeing sports cars driving around on New Years Eve... You can't do that up here!
They do have some pretty killer whips around the Mandeville-Covington area, unfortunately I am not one of the people with lots of money to go around:shakehead: lol

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
if you see a yellow Z06 around town - that's my father. I am very jealous of your weather. He gets to drive that all year.

·
Registered
67 Posts
in here kind of late but welcome and my wife also picked up her wrx in April of 2011.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts