ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm new here, and new to Subaru too. I bought a 2011 STI Limited OBP ten days ago. My first order of business is de-wing the trunk (which is how I discovered ClubWRX) and then learn from forum members as I get a plan together for performance improvements.

Before picking the STI, I was looking at a 2007 Audi RS4, an '07 Audi S6 and a 2010 Legacy GT. My main buying criteria were a decent power-to-weight ratio, awd and manual (the S6 had a beast of an engine but the slushbox was a deal-killer). I'm enjoying getting to know the STI and my first goal is to make it a bit more of a q-ship.

I'm debating between trying to find someone to do a trunk swap (don't seem to be a lot of 2011 WRX folks in Puget Sound looking to off-load a trunk) and just buying a replacment trunk. Welcome talking to everyone and if you're local to Seattle and have some experience with de-winging the STI (vendors, tips, etc) I'd be grateful for your advice.

Cheers.
MercerTransit

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new subie. :w00t: There is a meet that happens at the landing parking garage (top floor if no rain, third floor if it is) in Renton every Thursday at around 7:30pm. Might find a few good ideas about some of the projects you might have in mind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for the suggestion. The meet-ups are every week? I'm out of town for the next three Thursdays but will certainly come to the meeting in November.

Cheers, MercerTransit

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
You live next to Bill Gates and Paul Allen and you bought a Subaru?!?!

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts