ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im lookin for a new exhaust for christmas. basically my question is, should i go with axleback, downpipe, up pipe, etc. what would be best to do first, i was gunna get the nameless axleback exhaust since i can slap it in myself and i dont need a tune afterward, i just connect and am ready to go. is an up-pipe or down-pipe the same way?
i dont know much, really just getting into the whole car thing, got my first car, subaru wrx STi on oct 10th

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ooh and i wantt the sound to be very throaty and almost have a scream to it, much like the gymkhana 2 exhaust sound

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Look up what exhaust is on the gymkhana car. Which is believe is an APS 3.5" exhaust. You will have to look for used parts since they don't make them new.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Crawford Gymkhana exhaust is what you want, if available for your year.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
And YES, you need a tune for an up and downpipe. And I'm pretty sure the gymkhana car is running equal length headers so don't expect that exact sound without additional, very expensive, modification (Could be wrong about the headers)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Don't forget that NJ has pretty strict emissions laws, something to keep in mind if you start removing converters. A good axle or cat-back should do you fine.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
GarrettKoonsman said:
Either way it also says CUSTOM crawford exhaust. Best bet for the OP is to get on youtube and search tons of exhaust videos until he finds the right one. Then hope its an exhaust that is possible to find.
At the time, I believe it was custom. They have since released a production version, at least for '02-'07.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
ah that would make sense. I understood it as, we made a custom exhaust for this car and then a similar one to sell to the public. IIRC the gymkhana exhaust is stupid loud though and pricey

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
If you want that sound just get a custom straight pipe welded up at an exhaust shop. Thats essentially the same sound

1 - 11 of 11 Posts