ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car was tuned when I was just running open catless dp, no exhaust. I have a new exhaust going to be in next week and am just curious if putting it on will effect the tune. I am new to the tuning world, sorry for the noobness. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
Yes but whether you need to are depends on the data before vs after. Since you are uncomfortable with DIY take it to your mechanic and ask that before and after logs ate compared to specifically address your concern.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Car was tuned when I was just running open catless dp, no exhaust. I have a new exhaust going to be in next week and am just curious if putting it on will effect the tune. I am new to the tuning world, sorry for the noobness. Thanks.
So it was basically an exhaust cut out after your down pipe? (i.e. no mid pipe or muffler)

If so, it may mess with it a little bit. May just loose some power. Normally going from a restrictive exhaust to non restrictive is where you get in trouble (ya gotta pull some timing). I'd at least contact the tuner regarding it.

Otherwise, you'd need more details about the new exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts