ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to remind everyone, and fill in those who aren't in the know, that Second Creek could be closing as soon as the end of this December 2004. For those that have enjoyed Second Creek in the past, and for those who plan to enjoy road racing and/or track days in the future, it's time to consider that someday soon this kind of entertainment will not exist in the Denver area. That may be good news for you car, but I'm sure you're hands, eyes, and feet feel otherwise! So I wanted to point out the website for the purposed new track, partly cause I'm bored at work, and partly because I really want to see this happen. The site is www.CAMPLaps.org C.A.M.P stands for Colorado Amateur Motorsports Park. So far it looks as if the track will reside somewhere between DIA and Front Range Airport (Just east of DIA). It's about 5 miles directly from Second Creek, although I don't know what addition driving would be required since you can't drive through DIA.

I'm hoping, that as an enthusiastic group of automotive, errrr, enthusiasts, that maybe we can get some money together as a club to donate to the cause. I know for a fact that there are a number of us that will definately utilize this track if it does come to light so I would hope we could step up and be active in the motorsports community by pitching in on this project in its early stages.

I am thinking about contacting the track organizers to make sure they would fulfil our needs as far as open track days, etc, also to let them know that we would like to donate as a group and hopefully be recognized as such. If anyone would consider pitching in on this go ahead and post in here that you would be willing to contribute, and if you have any questions that I could include in the email. I'm definately willing to drop some cash on this project. Money is tight so I don't know how much I could afford, but I think all of us together could make a pretty decent donation. Maybe we could get ourselves a nice engraved brick at the track :cool:

-Ryan

The link again- www.camplaps.org

·
Registered
373 Posts
That would be great if that happens! The last one that they were supposed to build in that area got shot down. People complained that the noise would be to great to the surrounding residents. It was going to be a roadcourse, 1/4 strip and an oval track.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Perhaps someone from ClubWRXMS (read: pace, dark rex) could contact them so we can group up and donate en masse (sorry for the french) instead of onesies and twosies. An organized pledge drive is much more effective. Also, then we can get official messages and updates instead of hearsay and rumors from a couple of people who know people who work near DIA who... you get the point.

-Greg

·
Registered
481 Posts
Originally posted by EtchyLives
Perhaps someone from ClubWRXMS (read: pace, dark rex) could contact them so we can group up and donate en masse
Jon (scubynubie) setup our last track day, and the hardest part is not organizning the money from the group, but finding a carrier to insure such a large group.

-Dan

·
Registered
414 Posts
You might want to hold on to your cash. I donated $100 and found out about two weeks ago that the project was shot down by local residents again.:mad: There is a plan B. I would wait until zoning is approved before donating money.

There are plans in the works for the final days of SCR. A couple open track days in mid November and then rip everything down. I'll let you know when plans are finalized.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nick Cave said:
You might want to hold on to your cash. I donated $100 and found out about two weeks ago that the project was shot down by local residents again.:mad: There is a plan B. I would wait until zoning is approved before donating money.

There are plans in the works for the final days of SCR. A couple open track days in mid November and then rip everything down. I'll let you know when plans are finalized.
This has definately been my biggest concern, but I'm a pretty optomistic person. My plan now is just more of guaging interest than anything though.

Greg: I am volunteering to contact the track organizors so we can donate en masse. That's the whole point here, because I don't think I can personally donate a really significant ammount. Anyway, I'll contact them once we have an idea of what kind of commitment there'll be on both sides. I know I'd be pissed if I donated some money and ended up without a track.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I'm very interested. Although Since it's creation, I have had the same stance that Rupert does now. I don't see the money making it happen when they still have all that other crap to take care of.

Who the F lives out there? Is there like 2 people within earshot of the track land? Like the low flying planes aren't noisy? What a load of chit!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was under the impression that the proposed NASCAR track was going to be further south than this? I don't know, there is litterally nothing between Front Range and DIA. Not even roads. The roads are all to the north and south.

-Ryan

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jibco said:
F nascar. what are you talking about?

I need to turn laps! I love how we can do that at SCR whenever. I would hope that if the CAMP is built, we could do the same thing. Drive in on a week day, sign here, pay, and on with the hot laps!
There was a large motorsport complex in the plans in Aurora. It was voted down, but apparently could've brought some big time NASCAR events. I hate NASCAR as much as the next guy, but I would assume it would've been pretty good for the economy, and the jackasses in Aurora voted it down.

CAMP should be exactly like Second Creek. Seeing how the same sanctioning bodies should be running it. They just need land and money at this point.

-Ryan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts