ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My name is Nic and I live in Northern Illinois and I am new to clubWRX.net and to the Subaru brand and would like to introduce myself to everyone. A few days ago I bought a 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX ( 5 speed stick) with 27,000 miles on it in black. So far I am extremely impressed with the car and how it performs. I have always wanted an impreza and have a lot to learn about the car and I hope to learn a lot from everyone here. Some modifications that I have planned so far are as follows:
1. Tinted windows 20% all the way around
2. Exhaust (either just mufflers or cat back exhaust)
3. Paint the brakes
4. 10k HID’s in the Headlights
5. Smoked Taillights
6. Lowering springs

Other modifications im not sure of just yet but anyone that has any ideas I will be more than welcome to take into consideration. Again I am new to the Subaru brand and am looking to learn and listen to what people have to say that have been here much longer. This car will be a daily driver as I do not want to drive my project car as a daily driver anymore.

Thank you for the welcome and I hope to learn and try and give back as much as I can to this forum. Comments welcome!!!!

Here are some pics of my WRX and also of my “project car”
Subaru WRX

My “Project car” 2000 BMW 528i

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome! Two nice rides you got there!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice whips indeed:thumbup: Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum.For an OBP the paint looks surprisingly well kept.
Thank you very much rage-wrx!!! what dose OBP mean??

Welcome. Nice lookin' bimmer. M5 bumper on the front?
Thank you Rambo!!! Yes there is an M5 bumper on the front.

Thank you for the welcome T0rque!!!

Welcome! Two nice rides you got there!
Thank you very much Calvinball!!!

Nice whips indeed:thumbup: Welcome to the club!
Thank you very much m[dot]!!!!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Welcome but your mod plans are absolutely terrible.

1. Tint - no problem with that
2. Exhaust - Fine, but do your research and if you do more than the axle back tune accordingly
3. Paint the brakes - Usually turns out pretty bad and just doesn't look good, will chip
4. 10k HID’s - Dangerous for oncoming drivers, loss of visibility for you, very rice.
5. Smoked Taillights - Dangerous, if you get rear ended you are at fault
6. Lowering springs - Fine, but do it right and get struts if needed

Edit: Saw your post about 6k Hids - Don't do that either, once again it is dangerous as your headlights are not designed to take HID's and 6k will still reduce your visibility. Stick with 4300k or 5000k max but neither of those belong in your stock headlights unless you retrofit in projectors designed for Hid's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts