Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people were posting about how the suspension in the rear squeaks, and I had that problem too. But this is different. A week ago I went to have my side skirts put on and the car was lifted on one of those hydrolic lifts that takes the whole car up above your head to put them on. Anyways I started noticing a creaking noise when coming to a stop or accelerating, it happens right as the car is about to stop or just started going. Some how I don't think this car is supposed to creak after only having it for 3 weeks. Anyone else notice this

·
Registered
5 Posts
Creaking suspension

from about 1000 miles, all four corners of my wagon make a slight creaking noise when the suspension is moving (i.e. stopping, starting, cornering, or small bumps). I've got 3000 miles on it now, and it still does it. Since it's coming from all four corners, I'm not too scared about it yet. I only notice it when the engine RPM's and my vehicle speed are low. I'm hoping it's just a break in issue. Is your creak really loud, or pretty soft? Does it creak when the car's parked and you bounce the suspension?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got some Silicone lubricant today and sprayed it where the struts and springs meet (only the bottom halfs because thats all I could reach) and on the rear sway bar bushings. I will try this out for a few days and I should know in a day or two if it worked, as the creaking is only there about 1/2 to 3/4 time time. If this does not work I will have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had creaking coming from the right front when it was cold and I went over average size bumps. Started around 600 miles. I immediately took it to one dealer who couldn't reproduce the problem. I took them for a test drive and quickly pointed it out; they had no clue and looked at the rear hatch.

Creaking continued for another 500 miles. I took it to another dealer, supposedly one of the best in the area. They said "sounds like bushings" and had me wait it out while they broke in.

After another 1000 miles it was still there. Took it to the second dealer again - same response. The noise finally did cease around 3000-3500 miles or so.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well on my drive to work today I didn't notice any creaking. Usually I hear it when pulling out of my driveway and coming to the stop sign at the end of the street as well as when I get to the parking garage at work. So far so good though, the last test will be when I leave work I allways used to hear it then. So if this works it will be a nice 3 dollar fix for everyone.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well after my drive home where I always hear the creaking noise, I did not hear it today. I guess the Lubricant on the Struts and Springs and rear sway bar bushings did the job. If anyone else is experiencing this problem this is how to fix it, and let us know the results you get.

Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts