ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mazda is prepping its own entry for the Subie-Mitsu rally wars—a 276-hp, 265-lb-ft Mazda 6 scheduled for a mid-2005 world debut. Spotted during hot-weather tests in the California desert, this sizzling prototype gets a twin-turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four that is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and sends power via all-wheel drive to 18-inch tires.

Based on Mazda’s Mazda Performance Series concept shown in Paris in 2002, the production model should debut at this September’s Paris show, carrying either the MPS or MazdaSpeed moniker.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
going by Mazda's track record, it'll end up being 205 hp, no torque, front wheel drive, and they'll just give you a free oil change for your troubles :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
platano said:
going by Mazda's track record, it'll end up being 205 hp, no torque, front wheel drive, and they'll just give you a free oil change for your troubles :rolleyes:
LOL:rotfl:

A twin turbo 4 huh? I would guess sequntial turbos for a bit more low end grunt? If you went' bi-turbo they'd have to be some pretty small snails.

It would have been cool to see a turbo on the V6.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
sarcasmo said:
It would have been cool to see a turbo on the V6.
Now THAT would have been interesting. Talk about potential for modding!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Isn't the 6 a bit too big to compete with the STi and Evo? Looks to me like it'll be closer competition for the Legacy GT, grand prix GTP...etc.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i think that if mazda can actually make it like they say, then it may begining of mazda return to making decent sportish cars.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I doubt that 4 cylinder will create enough exhaust gas for the TT. It will probably be released with a single turbo.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The JDM version of that car (the Atenza) is very very nice looking. It's really very eyecatching, and is available in a wagon:thumbup:

Problem is that you look at the price tag and ask "WHY?"
There is so much you could buy that has more to offer for only slightly more money.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
platano said:
yup. just like the 8. power will be overexagerated (?) and wheel hp will be like 190 or something.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
With the lower front openings, I feel like it looks more and more like a new TL.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
platano said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
1,816 Posts
Ohhh very exciting. 276hp from that 4 cyl 2.3 liter TT engine. That is cool since it is based on the engine I plan on installing in my next car. Now I will have an easy source for one when kiddies start crashing them :D

chris

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
thats pretty interesting... my uncle just bought the 6 cylinder mazda 6 wagon and its a pretty nice car... decent oumph for what it has, very nice interior and such.....

i think if they can actually pull this off it will be a great car.... mazda has really turned themselves around in the last couple years with the MS protege, rx-8, 6 series, and the new mazda 3.

all they really needed was some more power.... plus they are going to release the rx7 again supposedly, with the mazda 6's V6, and it will have a single turbo mated to it.
should be very interesting to see what mazda does in the next couple years... and with how good their cars generally handle, plus awd has me itching for a test drive

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
i got a protege 5 wagon , and its a sweet car , just needs more power. but if they get the power down right it would be a nice automobile.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts