ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 WRX which has been dealer maintained throughout its 30,000 miles. In fact, I recently did the very expensive (>$500) 3 year/36,000 mile scheduled maintence since the car is 38 months old. In the last 2 to 3 weeks, I've noticed a rumbling vibration when engaging the clutch. I have 2 male teenagers but have managed to keep them both under 200 miles in the driver's seat. Is this just a worn throwout bearing? I really don't think I'm hard on a clutch, but I love driving this car. My real question is: if I need a new clutch, what is the best aftermarket brand/model to look at? I assume that I'll need a grade 2 type but I really don't know much about this and would appreciate some input. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I'm not sure what the vibration you're speaking of could be. Your powertrain warranty is still good if I remember correctly, so have the dealer take a look at it.

As far as upgraded cluthces,The Exxedy organic clutch is a great choice. It's got really smooth engagement. The clutch pedal will be slightly softer than stock whcih can be nice if you deal with traffic at all. Exxedy makes the stock clutch for the jdm sti's if I'm not mistaken, so you know they're good quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts