ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally replacing the clutch on my 04. A while back I bought an Exedy stock replacement clutch. Now I'm thinking of getting an ACT Streetlight flywheel to go along with it. My question is, with the clutch being a "stock replacement," will I still feel the gains from the lightweight flywheel? And will these two brands even match up together?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,219 Posts
I have never felt gains from a flywheel, only annoyance. Others like the perceived increased response though, and you sound like you could be one of them. In that case, ask the weight of the flywheel and search for the minimum weight owners of your model have used without getting misfire codes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply.

Actually, I don't want to sacrifice any driveability for minimal gains that I might not even feel. And since I've been driving with a worn out clutch for so long, I feel like even a stock setup would be a noticeable upgrade. What exactly do you mean by "annoyance?"

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
pizzazombie said:
Thanks for the quick reply.

Actually, I don't want to sacrifice any driveability for minimal gains that I might not even feel. And since I've been driving with a worn out clutch for so long, I feel like even a stock setup would be a noticeable upgrade. What exactly do you mean by "annoyance?"
It takes an adjustment period to get used to driving a LWFW setup. For example, it will take you a while to nail down rev-matching again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went with the ACT streetlight back and Exedy Stg 1 clutch in December. The LWFW is a pain at times but once you get used to it you'll be fine. Also revving is much quicker in both directions with a lighter flywheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts