ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I am a new convert to the Subaru family. i just placed my order for a new '08 STI in mica blue with the nav. system and silver BBS wheels. i am also a VW enthusiast and plan on staying in that arena as well as the subaru lifestyle. i do have some questions and would appreciate some recommendations.
1. i read that there are already some aftermarket upgrades available for the '08s
2. what ECU upgrades are recommended
3. i'm also interested in getting an exhaust, short shifter, and smoked taillights for it too.

~~here are some pics of my GTI in case anyone is interested:

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome to the club.

Nice vw!

·
Registered
0 Posts
welcome man.....my bro owns a gti also....i was thinkin bout gettin one..but decided to get the BugEye

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
hey nice gti. my family is totally into german cars.. my brother has a stage 2 GLI and my mom has an a3.

i see you were at fixxfest.. did you happen to go to the winter treffen this year?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey.. whats up? Welcome to the club!!! You have a clean GTI but I hope you'll post pics of the 08 Sti when you get it!!:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey nice gti. my family is totally into german cars.. my brother has a stage 2 GLI and my mom has an a3.

i see you were at fixxfest.. did you happen to go to the winter treffen this year?
thanks.. i've been a VW fan since i was 16. this past Fixxfest was the last show i've been to. i've been doing my internship for the past two semesters and dont really have time to attend the shows much lately. i will be driving it out to the 12 hours of sebring and it will be in the Porsche stable if anyone happens to stroll by. (don't ask but i've got some friends that agreed to let me hang with them)
and i will be posting some pics of both cars side by side in the driveway.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice VW, and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
0 Posts
hello and welcome to the club

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the club!

I have always loved the Rabbit / Golf. I had a serious look at the 2004 R32 before I bought the WRX.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its 100% official!!! i went and gave the deposit today and hopefully 4 weeks i will be the proud owner of a WR blue mica STI. i will be getting it with the navigation system, Silver BBs wheels, and some other goodies they talked me into getting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
welcome, beautiful gti!

·
Premium Member
14,838 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on your New 08 STi and nice color Choice!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greetings and welcome to the club!

I have always loved the Rabbit / Golf. I had a serious look at the 2004 R32 before I bought the WRX.
hey I had a tough choice deciding between the new R32 and STI. VW dropped the ball by only offering the DSG. I want a fun car to drive with a stick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts