Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Off Topic..

So I order my JUN Eyelids from Modern Garage. $225 total, painted blue. I get them on Wednesday after three weeks of waiting. I look at the left one, that there is a quarter inch black spot under the clearbra treatment. Ugh. I took pics and sent it to them..they are looking at it.

But now I'm confused. They have been sitting out of the box for about 36 hours now. I just looked at the black spot and only about 1/3 of it is there now. Hmm...mayb I won't have to send them back.

Verdugo, was it you that told me to get them from Modern Garage? Did yours come with some tiny bubbles in it? JP at MG said that once they sit in the for a bit they will go away. Also, it's winter here in Michigan. I want to put them on now, but I'm thinking about waiting until spring. Should I wait or doesn't it matter?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AutoXJunkie said:
Wow, I love it!

What's with the smoke behind the car in the top picture?
Thanks guys :)

Smoke = fog + car warming up...heheheh

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
verbal said:
Off Topic..

So I order my JUN Eyelids from Modern Garage. $225 total, painted blue. I get them on Wednesday after three weeks of waiting. I look at the left one, that there is a quarter inch black spot under the clearbra treatment. Ugh. I took pics and sent it to them..they are looking at it.

But now I'm confused. They have been sitting out of the box for about 36 hours now. I just looked at the black spot and only about 1/3 of it is there now. Hmm...mayb I won't have to send them back.

Verdugo, was it you that told me to get them from Modern Garage? Did yours come with some tiny bubbles in it? JP at MG said that once they sit in the for a bit they will go away. Also, it's winter here in Michigan. I want to put them on now, but I'm thinking about waiting until spring. Should I wait or doesn't it matter?
Yeah, I told you to get them there...but I bought mine unpainted, so I never had any experience with any bubbles or anything :(

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
AutoXJunkie said:
Wow, I love it!

What's with the smoke behind the car in the top picture?
Ya Armin likes to spin them toyo's here and there. Haha no its the good ol washington fog + his ass being catless. The fog this year has been crazy. So heavy!

Jason

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hmmm...I'm thinking about taking a hairdryer on low to my eyelids. Maybe that will fix the bubbles and the rest of the black spot.

My next mod is either the STi hoodscoop or mesh foglight covers. I'm still debating on if I should get the STi covers or the replicas. And if I want the white STi on them or not.

Where did you get the hoodscoop Verdugo? Did it come with everything needed for the install? How long did it take?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
verbal said:
Hmmm...I'm thinking about taking a hairdryer on low to my eyelids. Maybe that will fix the bubbles and the rest of the black spot.

My next mod is either the STi hoodscoop or mesh foglight covers. I'm still debating on if I should get the STi covers or the replicas. And if I want the white STi on them or not.

Where did you get the hoodscoop Verdugo? Did it come with everything needed for the install? How long did it take?
I bought my hoodscoop from my buddy Ivan (iv30 on here)...I just drove to his house and he replaced it for me...heh...seemed pretty easy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can get a scoop from here, it comes unpainted
http://subydude.com/parts/details.php?9
Oh and on the bubbles in the paint means there was some
kind of dirt on it when painted and the paint did not stick
I dont think using a hairdryer is going to make them go away.
Your better to get stuff painted locally that way if you have problems you can go back and get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Austin said:
I don't think my car has been that shiny since I bought it!
Hehe...Wence washed it...he charges $10 and he does a great job! :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
iv30 said:
You can get a scoop from here, it comes unpainted
http://subydude.com/parts/details.php?9
Oh and on the bubbles in the paint means there was some
kind of dirt on it when painted and the paint did not stick
I dont think using a hairdryer is going to make them go away.
Your better to get stuff painted locally that way if you have problems you can go back and get it fixed.
The bubbles aren't in the paint. When Modern Garage has eyelids painted, they also have a clearbra treatment applied. It's a clear layer that protects it. They said clearbra usually has tiny bubbles in it, but after a little time in the sun they will go away. I've had these sitting out of the box for about 48 hours, and the black piece that was under the clear bar is much smaller now, but still there.

I'm still thinking about using a hairdryer on it. I'll see what modern garage says.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts