1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
<rather gut the stock up myself and know i have good fitment and a good seal, and spend......................... uh..............$0;)

good find tho:D

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that catalist is a carcinogen, and taking it out yourself puts a lot of it in powder form into the air. unless you're using a gas-mask type respirator and taking a shower right after gutting the pipe you're probably breathing the stuff.

saving $70 is not worth increasing my risk of cancer...

also, if you don't do a REALLY REALLY good job and get ALL the catalyst out a small chunk going through your turbo will shred it.

some things are just not worth the risk, and even if you're on a budget, $70 is a pretty good insurance policy...that's why I try to post these things...I know a lot of people on a budget really like this stuff.

PDE did a test that showed that a manufactured catless uppipe (theirs of course) gives you 4-5 more HP than a gutted OE pipe. That's not a lot but if people are willing to spend $200+ on a CAI that MIGHT give them 3-5 HP, $70 is a deal.

·
Registered
433 Posts
HAHAHAHA, its says "EASY INSTALL". Like its the same as replacing your air filter or something. That might be the understatement of the year.
Anyways, 70$ is a good price and it looks like its good quality. For those of you on a budget I would definitely look into this. 15whp for 70$? Yes please.
-Griffin

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure its no harder to install than the $200 uppipe... and the TIG welds look no worse than the ones on ERZ pipes...and people have been saying nothing but good things about them....except for those stinky gaskets they come with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts