ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Changes to WRX / STi 2005 [Questions]

+ WRX gets :: new design 16" alloy wheels, climate control with air filtration, smoke headlight lens, new door panel armrests with power mirror controls, body colored lower trim replaces black, upgraded speakers, silver stereo CD changer, re-designed keyless remote fob, new center console with 2 cupdolders, new color.
+ STi gets :: Helical Front differential, wider rear wheels, rear wheel well arch fender flares, CD changer, Immobilizer keys, new remote entry fob, new climate control buttons, new door armrests with power mirror controls, new center console with 2 cupholders.

AWD: Models equipped with 5-speed manual transmission utilize a viscous-type locking center differential with torque distribution configured at a 50/50-split front-to-rear. WRX models also feature a viscous-type limited-slip rear differential.

Do they have that on the 2004 WRX as well???

and my second question is....

is it just me, or does the 2005 WRX STi come with some darker more bronze like BBS rims then the 2004 WRX STi , cause to me it looked like those rims looked more golden to me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't know the answers, but I'm very interested in the AWD part. Subaru really seems to be pushing this "Symmetrical AWD" for the 2005s, so I'm curious if there are any differences or not..

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Draco-REX said:
I don't know the answers, but I'm very interested in the AWD part. Subaru really seems to be pushing this "Symmetrical AWD" for the 2005s, so I'm curious if there are any differences or not..
there are diffrences read the first post :p

·
Registered
269 Posts
WRXout said:
there are diffrences read the first post :p
Well, it was more of a statement. It could still apply to the 02 - 04 WRXes. If the drivetrain is that different, it seems the 05s are a much better platform.

·
Registered
883 Posts
ya i got an 05. with 2000 miles on it i took it to hungrey valley in california the state off road vehicle recreation area.... every thing was fine till i got to the huge lot of dirt that was flat.... blew my tranny first and second gear. (lesson learned.... u cant drive it like u stole it when its not an sti)--- even if it is brand new. besides the new speakers still suck- but man i lovethat car

·
Registered
883 Posts
didnt have the money 4 that. but it happened like a month ago. the tranny was under warranty and the subaru dealership in bakersfield replaced. subaru road side assistence and everything. and i even had hks catback, up pipe, down pipe, intake and bov. and not to mention all the autometer gauges in my cock pit. it just goes to show how some subaru dealrs can be cool and some can be complete a** holes

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
The JDM WRX's get some nice changes we'll probably see in 06 (maybe)

15:1 steering rack, aluminum front lateral links, inverted struts- ofcourse the JDM WRX's have always gotten the good four/two pot brakes and the sedan has gotten the aluminum front control arms.

Ofcourse the Saab 92-X they give the alum front lateral links and the 15:1 rack:rolleyes:

Big Sky

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
2005 STis have a better design to their block to allow it to hold more power. Don't ask me what it is, but I swear on my life it's true. I can't remember where that little piece goes, but there's something definately cooler about the STi block

1 - 13 of 13 Posts