• '03 Ford Cobra

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been wanting a new car for a while now... And I have a couple in mind... Any good suggestions or opinons?

I made a poll of the current favs, but I am open to new choices.

-Mike

Top 4:
2005 Chrysler 300 C
1999 Porsche 911 Carrera
2003 Mitsu EVO
2003 Ford Cobra

Notice the theme, $26-32,000.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
To me, it'd be between the Porsche and the Ford. It really depends on what you're looking for though. If you want long term reliability, I'd personally count out the Evo. I like torque, the roar of the V8, and the looks of the Cobra, but it's a world apart from the Porsche. You really can't compare the two. I voted, then thought about my answer and I change my mind. I'd get the Cobra.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A buddy of mine just got a silve one... And you cant beat the cheap mod potential. $1,000 and you could be in the 11s.

I dunno what to do, a 300c would be neat. Satisfy the power issue as it does run high 13s stock and can haul 5 people.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Just to tell you, bro, I think the C's start a little closer to 40k. Have you considered the Magnum? Same engine in a wagon body. Oh, and for a sticker that's under 30k. Someone on a Dodge forum got their magnum a time of 13.8...bone stock.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
300c's are ~$33k MSRP.

I have a friend who owns a 5 star dealership here in st louis... So that would allow me to get 1% under dealer invoice = CHEAP :)

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
911 hands down takes the bill. There isnt much faster, nicer, friendly to drive, that becomes a monster with a mash of the pedal. Sure the cobra might be faster...but what is more pimp then a 911?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I voted for the EVO, but why not wait till the new Elise comes out? :D

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I voted for the Cobra. A naturally aspirated Porsche 911 is not really that fast, and they are kind of plain looking in my opinion. Plus, parts would be expensive as hell, both aftermarket and stock.

The new Elise idea P.A.R. suggested is an interesting idea. You could also wait until the C6s come out and see how far the prices fall on a 2002 Z06.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Sorry thought we were talking about a Turbo'd 911.....my vote is cobra if you dont have to deal with snow/ have a beater.

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
VitaminWRX said:
Those 300 Cs are SWEET!
vitamin, i take it you haven't been in one of those yet.
I was in one Saturday night and those things...yuck
2.7L with this chrysler cloth yuck...the steering wheel is teh blow...they weigh a TON and cost 24k
while the touring edition comes with a 3.5L but still weighs a TON and costs 28...oh...and has pleather.
I have absolutely NO clue what people are talking about like it's a good car or something. my god...i'd rather have a PT Turbo

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
complexx said:
I think a 300c would be an awesome sleeper.
you guys should do some research

the base 2.7L weighs a little over 3700lbs (25grand)
the hemi version 5.7L weights over 4,000lbs!!! (34grand)
good luck with gas on that HOUND

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
it was between the 911 and the EVO but the carerra just isn't that cool IMO. Too many of those cars out on the road...not that fast....and couldn't drive it all year around. EVO8 would be optimal if it were me.

Ford and dodge just wouldn't be an option for me. I don't like wasting my money on gas and I don't like having a car that everyone and their brother ownes.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
WRXLude-

I would rather spend the day in a sewer than ride in a 300 with the 2.7 :barf:

I will never understand why someone would want a 4000 pound vehicle with the same engine that's found in most of Chysler's subcompacts. The C model is what i'm talking about. Mass with class joined with a muscular V8. For the price, it can't be beat.

edit: interestingly enough, the Hemi gets better gas mileage than the V6 models (on the highway).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts