ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked past my stored bugeye tonight and opened the door just to have a peek inside. To my pleasant surprise she still has the new car smell after 9 years. I thought for sure it would have gone away. God I love that smell. :)

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
:)

I'm still determined to get you to drive it to a CF some day...

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)

I'm still determined to get you to drive it to a CF some day...
It could happen. Though, she's semi permanently stored at this time. Engine fogged, no fuel, no battery, etc etc. I realized a while back that I no longer had time for her, but my wife forbid me from selling her (I bought her 2 weeks after I met my wife). So some day 20 years in the future my son will probably be driving his dads vintage near perfect WRX to school to impress his friends, sit on the hood, and bang into curbs.

·
Registered
232 Posts
So some day 20 years in the future my son will probably be driving his dads vintage near perfect WRX to school to impress his friends, sit on the hood, and bang into curbs.
Haha amen to that my friend, maybe he will learn the value of a good thing from his father before he has the chance to ruin that beauty! :)

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bo demands pics! Or Ban!
Unfortunately I just have the same old boring pics taken circa 2004/2005. It still looks the same considering it's only accrued maybe a few hundred miles since. If I took a pic now, you would just see dust ha ha.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
So you purchased this car when it was brand new and stored it soon after? I would love to do that with a car one day! My dad tells me stories about cars he had in the 70s and if he would have kept them they would be worth tons!

I think it's great that you're willing to pass it on to your son one day!

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you purchased this car when it was brand new and stored it soon after? I would love to do that with a car one day! My dad tells me stories about cars he had in the 70s and if he would have kept them they would be worth tons!

I think it's great that you're willing to pass it on to your son one day!
Close. The story is a bit complicated, but the end result is the same. She's an 03 Sedona red bugeye. I've owned her since '03. I don't recall the exact mileage on her, but it's somewhere around 8k. I don't know if I would pass it on to my little guy when he's young for fear of it getting destroyed, but maybe later on in his life.

·
Registered
232 Posts
WOW! that color looks amazing such a beautiful car!

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Hmm.. my bugeye interior has the smell of catchcan fumes, rich uncatted exhaust, and the ever so faint smell of raw fuel... god I love that smell. - Because Race Car

·
48,722 Posts
Andrew is glossing over the massive number of hours that he put into bringing that car back from the dead...

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beautiful.Is that the OEM color or a custom paint job?
That's a factory color. They only offered it in very limited numbers.

Andrew is glossing over the massive number of hours that he put into bringing that car back from the dead...
Fortunately so much time has passed it's a long distant memory. My memory has now reduced the work to a couple days ha ha.

·
48,722 Posts
You took a smashed-up (trainwreck?) frame and jigged it up to return it to better than factory, IIRC. Bodywork, VF34 upgrade, suspension...

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
You should bring it back to life for a good wingless job

1 - 20 of 39 Posts