ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all- I just purchased this 03 WRX last week, and it has some mods from the previous owner including a catless up-pipe and downpipe, and filter. It runs very strong and this has me curious as to if the owner also had some kinds of EM on it before. Is there any way I can tell from looking at the car? Also If I was to go out and purchase some form of EM like a Cobb AP, and the car had a map / tune on it previously would I still be able to use the AP??? Thanks all!! -Rex

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
check under the dash and see if the two green connector plugs are hanging loose or if they are taped up if they are loose he most likely had em also if you buy an access port and he already had one you should be able to override his old em

·
Registered
90 Posts
em

check under the dash and see if the two green connector plugs are hanging loose or if they are taped up if they are loose he most likely had em also if you buy an access port and he already had one you should be able to override his old em[/QU i looked under my dash and the two green plugs are loose just wandering are u sure a new ap will over ride it and will i be able to get a stock map if i get rid of it is there a way to see if its been unmarried

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
I really don't think it will unless they changed the new ones.

You may be able to have the dealer look at the checksum?

Cobb can fix it if you send it to them for $

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
they say( COBB ) that the new ap will override any old data stored. i had the same worry bought my car used it had e.m. and cobbs ap did a great job override that biotch

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
check under the dash and see if the two green connector plugs are hanging loose or if they are taped up if they are loose he most likely had em also if you buy an access port and he already had one you should be able to override his old em
I'm a little confused what you mean here. The plugs normally just come out of the wiring harness and hang loose under the dash with not much slack to them.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that those wires shouldnt be dangling from the rest, if they are, then he was running something.
Well I'm not an expert by any means but from looking at my car, they just come out of the wiring harness and the plugs have enough room to reach each other and that's about it. I could see how somebody would take them out of the wiring harness to plug them together. I had a hell of a time getting them to plug into each other since there's very little slack in them.

EDIT: I'm like lightning, got your post before you deleted it. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
How much boost are you hitting in 3rd with it floored?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts