ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a used 2007 wrx loving it. Car is stock so mine to start from scratch. Any suggestions on what mod to do first?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,205 Posts
Catch up on all required maintenance preferring authentic Subaru parts. Then mod as little as possible. See the link in my signature for info.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Its up to your personal preference, I do not have alot of experience so I can't give you details and first to do mods besides telling you to do an intake and an exhaust to start... you'll end up boring the block like I did if you are really power hungry...

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,205 Posts
The car doesn't need an intake. It will need a map for an exhaust. See link in my signature.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys all maintenance it up to date with subaru products, i was thinking intake and exhaust as well just wasnt sure that was the way to go.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the 07 wrx I just got bone stock not even tint. Get to start with a clean canvas. Paint is is perfect shape

·
Registered
475 Posts
yea man that car is sexy! if I find a clean Stock hawkeye i would grab it too.

·
Æternum
20,564 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you I'm looking forward to fully enjoying this ride, coming to this from a full size truck

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Do all the maintenance first, so put nothing but good synthetic in. After that, let me know if you want any modification suggestions and pricing.

Congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do all the maintenance first, so put nothing but good synthetic in. After that, let me know if you want any modification suggestions and pricing.

Congrats on the new car.
all maintenance done and first thing I did was change the oil the dealer had put in it, since they couldnt answer me what they used. I'm looking for fair basic mods nothing extravagant yet. One of the first thing has to be tint this fish bowl look is no good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
all maintenance done and first thing I did was change the oil the dealer had put in it, since they couldnt answer me what they used. I'm looking for fair basic mods nothing extravagant yet. One of the first thing has to be tint this fish bowl look is no good.
They probably did not put any good oil in it.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
ok cool. Do you have a particular power goal you were aiming for? Also did you change your gear fluid?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts