ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at the Subaru website and it says the WRX has Automatic Climate Control and a Sport Tuned Exhaust! Looking at the photos it also has new wheels, new interior, the "Sport Tuned Exhaust" is a single tip, new steering wheel, the option for a moonroof, and of course the antenna integrated into the rear glass and different tach from the 04 models. Not to mention lights that actually are pretty bright.

A shame I dont like the new look... but i still feel cheated out of the new upgrades...

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Yeah, the 05 seemed to get a lot of little details upgraded on the interior and exterior. The 04 got the new fenders and bumper, but the 05 was where I think the bigger changes were made. The new interior is very nice, it also got new wheels, and a new exhaust, although its probably just a single tip slapped on the same canister as our old dual tips.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
CustomS10 said:
anyone else still love the bugeyes over them all........i miss mine
Yeah the bug eyes are still the best looking new generation WRX's. Take the 02 exterior and combine the 05 interior and your set :)

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
The new muffler is sweet because its got a silver tip but with a black can behind it. Looks neat-o!! We have a few '05s at work and the interior is soooo much better.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ahh but does this new"sport exhaust" make anymore hp?? I will be jealous if it does but otherwise I won't be because I like the twin tip stock muffler and when I upgrade my exhaust I think I am gonna get the turboback from autospeed because it looks amazing and I love the stock looking twin tip muffler......so yeah I am interested to see if the new exhaust adds anything....let me know if you guys know anything about this.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
buyeyes are by far my top choice for wrx headlights.

I am actually more of a fan of the dual tip exhaust, as opposed to the new single tip... but i am really mad that the 05 picked up some more options. thats the one thing i really dislike about my 02' rex, it has no refinment and luxury... seems the 05' picked up some nice characteristics

does anyone have some good pics of the 05 interior?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Wow, they took off the MOMO in favor of the subaru star logo in the steering wheel. I like the new stereo, I wonder if that is the one that subaru of ontario ordered for me, my cd player just froze so they are going to replace it. I also like the new seats, way more sportier than the '03.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
KanosWRX said:
Yeah the bug eyes are still the best looking new generation WRX's. Take the 02 exterior and combine the 05 interior and your set :)
I'm waiting for someone to do a retrofit of the '05 interior into their '02-'03. I want to see how they adapt the climate control stuff, since the older cars have a mechanical lever for recirc.

I'd love to have the new interior. Are the seats the same from '04 to '05, or did they get changed again? :confused:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
overwrxed24 said:
Wow, they took off the MOMO in favor of the subaru star logo in the steering wheel. I like the new stereo, I wonder if that is the one that subaru of ontario ordered for me, my cd player just froze so they are going to replace it. I also like the new seats, way more sportier than the '03.
The WRX wheel still says Momo on the wheel, its just lower under the subaru stars. I found it odd the STI doesn't say Momo at all on it, it just says STI.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Chunks said:
The new wheels are disgusting.
everyone hating on the new wheels is just jealous. The new wheels are 10x better then the old ones. If you havent seen an 05 in person then dont say nething if you have and still dont like the wheels then its just a question of taste

05>02-04, and thats that

representin the 05 crew!!!!

ps. the new wheels are not bling at all

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
ShoalinStyle7 said:
everyone hating on the new wheels is just jealous.
Err, no. I thought that my '02's original wheels sucked, too.
Get used to it. People here are full of opinions about the various WRX iterations that are now out there. It's nothing personal.

If it makes you feel better, I envy your interior dash pieces...:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts