Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just became an owner of my first WRX, first Subaru and my first manual transmission car. I bought a new 2019 Dark Gray Metallic Premium WRX (popular package #1).
My coworker taught me the basics of stick shift driving for a couple of weeks every other day or so during lunch, but I'm still a complete newb. So for now there is a lot of bucking, stalling and angry honking. Oh yeah I now have a deep hatred for hills. I have about two weeks to learn to drive the car decently while I'm on year end vacation. Then it will be my daily (80 miles round trip on highway) driver.

And since it will be my daily highway driver I would like to protect the infamous paint on my baby. I am looking to get the front (bumper, hood, mirrors and fenders) covered with Paint Protective Film also known as Clear Bra.

Can anyone in Philadelphia suggest a good, respectable and not overpriced place to do it? If you know one in North East Philadelphia it would be even better.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, the DGM does look good on the WRX in my opinion. You don't have much to worry about on a highway commute unless you look at a lot of traffic everyday.

Back in 2013 I bought a mustang with a manual. Hadn't fully learned yet and hadn't given it a try in at least a couple years. Stalled on the way out of the dealership and took the long way home that night. Drove it from MI to TX the next week.

You will need that practice time to fully enjoy the driving experience the car offers though for weekend fun. Once you get it down, enjoy the bliss :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
It will become second nature in no time. Just ride the clutch a little until you get the hang of it.
This. It takes time to get smooth and consistent. Even with decades of experience most of us stall it out or completely balk and take off like we are riding a bronco.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts