Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I just bought my first Subaru and I love it so far. It’s a 2019 WRX Limited. I look forward to reading your posts. I have posted two pics of my new baby below. I’d also love to hear what you all recommend for my first couple of “mods” ,please share your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Greetings budro3434! I also recently joined the WRX club and last week bought a near-twin to your car, a 2019 WRX Limited in WR Blue.

I'm new to WRX's (but not to cars, the WRX is the 106th car I've owned in 45 years of driving), I'll leave it to the people here who know much more about Subarus than I do to suggest 'mods'. Being an 'older' driver I'm not going to change much on my car. Depending on where you live, you might want to get snow tires or at least all-season tires if you plan to drive in the winter.

One mod you might want to seriously consider is an Air-Oil Separator, which I think would be useful for any direct-injection engine (to keep your intake valves from crudding up). There are several available, I'm installing the V3 from Crawford Performance on my car next week.

Enjoy!

·
Æternum
15,855 Posts
Welcome to Club!

With regards to mods, I always ask the following question as a prerequisite -- are you in a position to pay $10k+ on a new motor or transmission should one of those components fail?

This is an important consideration, as warranty claims for catastrophic failures are often denied on the grounds of a modified vehicle. I've seen too many people stuck with a car they owe big $$ on after modifying the car to the point of failure. If you are prepared to shell out mega-bucks in the event of a major failure, we can take this conversation to the next level.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome and nice car. If your car is needed for daily commute and you would like it to last, then definitely leave it stock. If you are really wanting to do some mods a stage one would be an intake,exhaust and a light tune.

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
Welcome and nice car. If your car is needed for daily commute and you would like it to last, then definitely leave it stock. If you are really wanting to do some mods a stage one would be an intake,exhaust and a light tune.
You sure? Because it's also just a tune, or tune and an intake.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You sure? Because it's also just a tune, or tune and an intake.
I may be incorrect. I am relatively new and that is what I had heard from several Subaru people. If I’m wrong correct me so I can pass along accurate info!

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
I may be incorrect. I am relatively new and that is what I had heard from several Subaru people. If I’m wrong correct me so I can pass along accurate info!
It's just a marketing thing. Don't get hung up on what it is. That's why when people have a problem it's much easier to list the mods and not the stage.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's just a marketing thing. Don't get hung up on what it is. That's why when people have a problem it's much easier to list the mods and not the stage.

Ok thanks for clarifying! ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts