Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I wanted to introduce myself in this post. I just purchased a 2017 WRX premium and so happy to be back in a Subaru. I had a 2011 WRX for a short time before I moved and long story short had to sell it. Since then, I've been driving a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3. The MS3 was/is fun (I still own it but hopefully not for long). I'm not thinking much in the ways of mods, though I've been looking at a Cobb AP for some time. Now that I have the subie, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one.

Anyway, I have a few concerns:

1. Cloth seats: I sweat a lot. I workout 6 days a week and my MS3 had a real problem with sweat odor. Anyone have any similar issues? I've looked into replacing the seats with sparco r100s in vinyl, katzkins seem pretty exspensive. I don't want to use some cheap universal seat cover, so any input would be great.

2. I tried to pull out on the main road, and the throttle response felt dead. It was like I was just rolling forward at 5 mph for 3 seconds and then the car accelerated normally. I'm assuming this is the throttle issue widely discussed. I assume an AP and an OTS stage 1, or an etune will fix this? Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Alloy wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Hood

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer had wrapped it before I bought it. I like it, not sure how I feel about the black mirrors though. They had a fully wrapped Base WRX in matte black that looked amazing. Thanks for the link.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice pearl white WRX!! I like the black on the roof. Not so much the mirrors, either. Did they charge your for the wrap job?

Did the dealer plasti dip the wheels black, too?

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Car looks nice. For sweat odors, instead of investing in insanely expensive seats, I would try a simple deodorizer. Auto Febreeze, or Chemical Guys deodorizers work well. ( I'm in the same boat, always sweating)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've seen youtube videos explaining the throttle response, they say something like 25% is 100%... I've had mine for a little over month, I'm used to it now...

by the way, I went white too... nice choice!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only extra I paid for was a sts that they are installing. Tint, wrap, all weather mats, auto-dimming mirror w/ home link were included, and I paid less than the base msrp for a premium (a premium with no options, not base WRX msrp). White was my first choice.

Febreeze doesn't work for me. After I workout, it's literally like I jumped in a pool.

Wheels should be stock premiums?

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
The only extra I paid for was a sts that they are installing. Tint, wrap, all weather mats, auto-dimming mirror w/ home link were included, and I paid less than the base msrp for a premium (a premium with no options, not base WRX msrp). White was my first choice.

Febreeze doesn't work for me. After I workout, it's literally like I jumped in a pool.

Wheels should be stock premiums?
No WRX comes with black wheels like that, they're normally a charcoal/gunmetal grey.

If you sweat that badly, nothing is going to fix it unless you get old lady couch covers for your seats.

Leather, Alcantara, or good old fashioned cloth... it's going to soak up some sweat... but hey, maybe you're just looking for an excuse to get some fancy seats ;) haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No WRX comes with black wheels like that, they're normally a charcoal/gunmetal grey.

If you sweat that badly, nothing is going to fix it unless you get old lady couch covers for your seats.

Leather, Alcantara, or good old fashioned cloth... it's going to soak up some sweat... but hey, maybe you're just looking for an excuse to get some fancy seats ;) haha
I guess the dealer painted the wheels to go with the wrap. I dipped my MS3 wheels a few times, I really don't want to do that again. I left the plastidip on too long the last time and it was impossible to get off.

Maybe I am looking for an excuse:). I was thinking that leather or vinyl such as the sparco r100 seats would absorb less than the stock cloth. I think I'm just going to go with a towel or the seat armor route. If it starts too smell to the point of no return, maybe I'll buy the sparco seats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts