ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my dealership today, They have this new Impreza package, its called an Impreza gtX, as I looked online I found out only Bill Kolb Subaru offers this package? Idk if this is true, but the packages sure as cool, (not performance wise I dont think, But interrior and wheels options are cool/interesting.)

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
hmm that's pretty interesting....

I like some aspects of it, others I don't.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed. The colored seats and wheels are pretty nice. I hate how the exhaust is hidden.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
The only one that even looks remotely drivable is the white one with gold wheels. All the other options are just kinda ricey in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
The only one that even looks remotely drivable is the white one with gold wheels. All the other options are just kinda ricey in my opinion.
This ^

That's the only one I liked, and as far as the seats go....black/black

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
yep, I really don't like that it's only visual "upgrades"...I know there's not much to do with a n/a 2.0, but they could have put like an spt intake/exhaust and maybe some type of suspension upgrade or something.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
I suppose I'd rather put the money towards owning a WRX, rather than a tarted up base Impreza. More of a function > form guy.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Wow, is it just me, or does that interior look like a Winnebago now? Also, do imprezas not have airbags in the seats anymore? It seems like aftermarket coverings like this might compromise airbag function.

Dealers have made their own packages like this for a long time. I know back in the 80s-90s, dealer pinstriping was pretty popular. Just a cheap way for them to make a little extra on the side.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can see where all of you are coming from with the 'obnoxious visual colors' and they could do other things better. But in reality, I think it's a good idea. Parents who want to get their kids a car can get them something like a WRX or STi, but without the power or danger of it, and well the colored seat and wheel option just make the package more easy to accept rather then wanting a WRX and accepting a base Impreza. I know if I was told to decide over a base Impreza or GTX, Id go GTX

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
If the dealer finds that there's a market for it, and responds with success, then more power to him! The "Corolla S" is a fine example of how many people want an ordinary-performing vehicle that looks sportier. I see them everywhere.

I can see where all of you are coming from with the 'obnoxious visual colors' and they could do other things better. But in reality, I think it's a good idea. Parents who want to get their kids a car can get them something like a WRX or STi, but without the power or danger of it, and well the colored seat and wheel option just make the package more easy to accept rather then wanting a WRX and accepting a base Impreza. I know if I was told to decide over a base Impreza or GTX, Id go GTX

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly, If its sells, then hell, do it! I gotta say it doesn't look to bad in real life. Pulled up to the dealership and I scoped it out for like 15-20 min haha

·
Banned
296 Posts
is it just me or do the new impreza hatches (especially with the wing and new wheels) look like the older civic SI?
Yes, they are equally hideous. These are cars for people that dont like cars, boring and ugly but gets good mpg. The colors are there to appease the teens that are bought this grocery hauler from their parents.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
is it just me or do the new impreza hatches (especially with the wing and new wheels) look like the older civic SI?
I honestly think their lines are kinda close to the stupid Dodge Caliber. :barf:

But I do see where you're coming from. Maybe even kinda close to a Pontiac Vibe :barf:

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 32 Posts