ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Will from Norwalk,CT saying hello all to the forum. I just got my WRX two days ago and I love it! The sound of the engine and exhaust, the speed and the color (Plasma Blue Pearl) are all fantastic. I had just leased a 2009 Legacy with manual transmission and I was a little worried the WRX would have the same box. Thankfully it has a good to great gearbox. Shifts are crisp and give good feedback. Reverse is still iffy but it could be I am hamfisted in reverse.
My dealer said no break in period and it is a lease so it is hard to heed the advice of friends who say to go easy. I have owned an Acura RSX (fantastic gearbox but a gutless wonder under 6K RPM), an E46 M3 (great car but $750 for tires every 6 months sucks and any snow was a show stopper) and the Legacy. The WRX is as fun as the M3 and sounds much better. Seeing how much I love this car already, I am double thinking the lease deal. Some gripes: this car without 18-19 wheels is a crime and summer tires on an all-wheel drive car sold in New England?! Anyhow, I look forward to many smile filled miles and no speeding tickets! Positive thinking works right? I'll post pics ASAP.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congratulations.

The cars are shipped with Summer Performance tires from the factory. Most of us get a second set of wheels with winter tires for cold weather driving.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That will be me also. Yonkers and Norwalk get the same snow. All seasons would have left more money for me to get 18's.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

I too am a converted RSX driver, we both have made good decisions!

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Lookin good!

Just noticed your name is Will as well. Luckily everyone here calls me Calvin anyways ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts