ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2012 WRX 4 door sedan limited Plasma Blue with NAV and all SPT options. Waited 6 months for this Car After ordering it from Subaru in Dec 2011. Just picked it up. I wanted to see what I could do to it. Think I got everything from Subaru already. Anyone know true cost to Subaru and True invoice? I heard that the 2013 will be the same. Anyone know if the SPT exhaust increaes horse power? Is there a way to do that with out comprmising the Warranty. Subaru through in the 7yr/100K ) deductable on this car. Is the 10K more worth the STI? what about ideas for all season/winter tires for Tahoe. The new Nav is pretty cool, took me a bit to figure it out. I has in 08 prem and wanted an upgraded model. The more help I would be greatful thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh ya had a question anyone might know why it took so long to get this car? almost 6 months? I was told a few reasons, one being the New Nav and the sub contractor, Building the car in Japan? SPT parts at the Port with is Richmond, CA.???? Not sure but I was orginally told 5-6 weeks. hummmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Welcome :)

6 months is awfully long.

The maximum period from order to delivery according to SOA is 10-15 weeks on the East coast.That period should be shorter on the West coast.I got mine after 12 weeks.

The SPT exhaust is a catback.It does not increase horsepower.

There is no way to do engine mods without jeopardizing the warranty.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Welcome!

Any subaru/spt parts you purchase from the dealer, and have them themselves install it will not void warrantee. But nothing they offer will increase engine performance. Shifter bushings, sts, catback exhaust just making it a better driving experience. And that is an awful long time to wait for an order. My '12 sti took a month and a half to arrive.

The 10k$ more for the sti is worth it though. You get alot of extra goodies that probably total up more then 10k. The question is, is it worth it to you. Will you need all the extra toys. I chose the sti over the wrx because completely different machine. And i could afford it so why not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts