ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am new to the site! I just bought a black 2011 WRX and I love it. My only complaint (and I will double check by not doing anything for 2 weeks now that I brought it home from 4 hours away) is the exhaust note has a really deep drone. Like if I am just at 50mph in 5th gear kind of just cruising its louder then when I am accelerating. Its not an engine sound its more of a deep drone. I didn't find it annoying b/c my test drives in the cars were like 20 minutes each. After 4 hours it was pretty annoying :( I don't know if was just b/c I drove 8 hours and was tired... but I am curious if anyone else has this deep drone. From reading some other threads it looks like there is a possibility that the SPT exhaust might have put on... how can I tell the difference when I look under the car. I can find pictures of the SPT exhaust but how does the stock exhaust look differently? Is there a way to keep the loud engine (I don't mind that at all) but lessen the deep bassy drone? I am weird in that I hate bass sound, this car also came with a subwoofer that I might just sell b/c I literally will never use it and it just takes up space.

Thanks in advance for advice suggestions. I am just making 'minor' complaints on an otherwise perfect car. I am so excited to have a subaru.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is the stock exhaust. Not the SPT accessory.
Thanks for looking, I'm curious if there are less bassy exhaust notes I could achieve with other cat back systems... Probably seems weird to most but the car is kind of more bassy then I want at low speeds.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I don't know how to help you there. The 2011 sedan is much quieter IMHO than the hatchback already using a split and two mufflers versus the one rear muffler. The other exhausts are made for you to hear the car, it is a low deep tone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts