ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Call or text 727-686-7723. Only a few hundred miles. $24,500. Got a sudden expense and won't be able to afford payments. All stock. WARRANTY: Corrosion perforation warranty: 60 months/unlimited distance, Basic warranty: 36 months/36,000 mile, Roadside assistance coverage: 36 months/36,000miles Powertrain warranty: 60months/60,000miles, 2 year maintenance including oil change. OPTIONS: Auto-Dimming Mirror/Compass, Blue Interior illumination Kit, Compass, Leather & Aluminum STi Shift Knob, 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter 5MT, Sport Performance 1A.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
A wr-what now?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't know about Florida but here in Nevada anything over 299 miles is considered used and can not be sold as new.

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Good luck man, $27,500 for a used base wrx is a bit steep...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok easy guys, i'm new to the forum. I have this on auto trader and just did a copy past of the description, i don't know what was i thinking....sorry if i offended anyone...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
ok easy guys, i'm new to the forum. I have this on auto trader and just did a copy past of the description, i don't know what was i thinking....sorry if i offended anyone...
No offense taken, and I didn't expressly say this was a scam, but presenting descriptions in that sort of format is suspicious. We all know the ins and outs of WRXs, so usually when you post a car for sale, you emphasize the features/traits that are unique to your particular car, which I see you have, but it might help to space things out a bit.

Also, it's a good idea to socialize on the forum more. Post around a bit; that looks much better than a new member whose first post is an ad...

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Where did you come up with this price? When I price that car out I get the following:
26,220 Base
725 Destination & Delivery
165 Auto-Dimming Mirror/Compass
88 Blue Interior illumination Kit
170 Leather & Aluminum STi Shift Knob
N/C 5MT
295 STi Short Throw Shifter 5MT
535 Sport Performance 1A

TOTAL STICKER PRICE = $27,663

On the used market you're looking at getting $23-24k maybe. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you're basically asking for $163 under what someone would pay if they paid sticker and bought one off the lot. Nobody pays sticker these days unless you're an idiot, usually closer to invoice, which is going to be about $26k. That $23-24k may be generous since most people would rather pay that little bit extra to go to the dealer and pick up a truly brand new car.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I don't know about Florida but here in Nevada anything over 299 miles is considered used and can not be sold as new.

Sent from tapatalk.
Hoofhearted you're from Nevada? If so which part? Just curious maybe I've seen you around. I'm in Reno area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@ teflon_jones this number you calculated is valid, however when it's all said and done at the dealer you will be at almost $30k and we all know that, i'm saving you AT LEAST $1500-$2000 between taxes, dealer fees, etc., my price is always negotiable and obviously i'm not making any profit, just want to come close to breaking even! i assure you this car IS a truly brand new car, it's garaged, covered, and untouched, we all know and see dealers all the time sell brand new cars with a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
250 Posts
@ teflon_jones this number you calculated is valid, however when it's all said and done at the dealer you will be at almost $30k and we all know that, i'm saving you AT LEAST $1500-$2000 between taxes, dealer fees, etc., my price is always negotiable and obviously i'm not making any profit, just want to come close to breaking even! i assure you this car IS a truly brand new car, it's garaged, covered, and untouched, we all know and see dealers all the time sell brand new cars with a few hundred miles.
I think you would have better luck if you priced it around $24.5k. I paid $25,270 for the car and $27,780 after taxes and fees.

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
teflon, you have a valid argument and your numbers look good, however we all know that when it's all said and done you won't be walking out of the dealer's with a number that's much far off $30k. I can save you on this deal AT LEAST $1500-$2000 for the same exact car between taxes, dealer fees, profit, etc. My number is also still negotiable for a serious buyer, but I just need to be close to breaking even. I can assure you very well this car IS a truly brand new car that's kept garaged, covered, untouched. We all see dealers all the time selling cars off their lots with a few hundred miles on them classified as brand new, with this kind of value savings i think it's worth for a buyer to consider this deal.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts

Sent from tapatalk.
Hoofhearted you're from Nevada? If so which part? Just curious maybe I've seen you around. I'm in Reno area.
Off topic but Ill be in reno the next few monts off and on

1 - 20 of 25 Posts