Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see all these comparisons / comments about Koni v/s D-specs, but nothing comparing them to new Subaru struts. Does anyone have experience with NEW Subaru Struts on a 2003 WRX? Makes me wonder what they really are since they are nearly the same price or cheaper.

· Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
30,460 Posts
The Subaru struts are Kayaba, they're labeled on the body. I'd rather drive Koni, and i have better Kayabas than OEM on my bugeye.

· In Æternum
23,706 Posts
Tokiko D-Specs were all the rage about a decade ago. IIRC, they made themselves scarce. I've heard that the D-Specs are available again, but with mixed reviews.

The Koni Yellow struts are very proven by this point. I've seen shock dyno results for Koni Yellow strut and there's really nothing better for the price. I think you'd be quite happy with the Koni Yellows.

· In Æternum
23,706 Posts
I was considering the Swift Sports springs with something. Not really in the market for a stupid bumby ride, i like the way mine rides, just need it a tad lower in the front.
IF you install KYB OEM replacement struts, you will not have any headroom for a stiffer spring.

My suggestion on a bugeye is always Koni Yellow struts and RCE Black springs. That's a great setup for daily driving with occasional HPDE/AutoX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.