Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut got a new 07 Sti and only got one key for it. I wanted to get the nice titanum sti key for it but i found out that that key does not have an rfid chip. I can get a seperat chip to do the same thing and still use the key. I was wondering though if there is a cheep way to program the chip with outspending money on useless one time things to do the programming. I ask this also cause if i order a new key for the car and the sti key can a subaru dealer do that programming? If you have any info for me please let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok all I am sorry for the bad grammar in this post I was distracted most of the time when posting and didn't look through it before I posted. If anyone does have an answer please let me know.

·
Premium Member
20,326 Posts
You must use a new oem 07 sti key.. No other way around it. You can have the nice ignition cut type key cut but it will only lock/unlock your doors/trunk. It will not start your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.