ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

As a longtime Subaru owner and fan, (my first car being an '86 DL) I finally decided to sell my Legacy GT and get a silver bugeye wagon with 39k miles. I drove a couple of '04s but my impression (probably faulty) was that the '02s drove more solidly. I should preface by saying: I know almost nothing about cars besides what I've learned reading this forum. I understand that 02s have bigger rear sway bars, not sure if this contributes anything, or if there were any other changes made between 02 and 04. I love the new STI wagon (FINALLY an STI wagon,) but my common sense doesn't allow me to buy cars on a car payment.

I fall into the more "hippy-dippy" end of the odd spectrum of Subaru owners. The kind that prefers organic produce over 1/4 mile times, yes, one of those. I like to go hiking and camping, etc., however, I've recently decided I want to drive to those camping spots very, very fast. The very best thing about the WRX, IMHO, is that it is a sleeper. With the exception of the almost new 18x7.5 Prodrive P1 Anthracites I purchased from Steve off this forum, I'm keeping the stock look.
After some research on this forum, here's what I've got on order:

1. Cobb AP V2: This seems to be a no-brainer first purchase. Cobb claims up to 255 hp in a stage 1 reflash on 91 octane, probably a bit optimistic.
2. Cobb Uppipe.
3. K&N Drop-in filter
4. Tein S-tech lowering springs
5. Some sort of Turbo-Back

I was going to order the APS dual tip TBE from Rallysportdirect, but they ran out. I'd love to get an Autospeed TBE, but it doesn't seem like they're available. Otherwise, I may get the Borla Hush dual tip and flash stage 2. It's difficult for me to reconcile the guilt over removing the cats from my car, though. Is this a logical upgrade progression? Unfortunately, this WRX is an auto, as my wife has a hard time driving the 5 speed (medical reasons,) so there may be no reason to go much further with the mods. But, maybe there is?

Thanks,
K

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Welcome to the Club :)

Thats low miles for an 02 Good find.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Your Mod list looks almost perfect, be careful what springs you put on the wagon as sedan springs give them a saggy butt.

Sway bars, New Tires, and a shocks and struts seem to be the best first mods for suspension. the order in which you put them on is up to you but id go for tires first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts