Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I just recently purchased my 5speed 02 WRX for $4500! It is all stock. No lights on the dash, engine is strong, transmission is good. It just has a bit of rust on each side of the car near where you put gas in. Pretty common thing. Also, the clock didn't work in it as I hear is a common issue. The left fog light was cracked as well... big deal lol. So my goal was to get a few things fixed up before I did any performance mods. I did some research on the clock and it looked like it just needed some re soldering. I went to take it off after I had looked how it came off online.. well I finally got the back two clips off but the front ones did not wanna go. Well I looked a bit more online and people were just saying to pull hard one each side and it will come out. So... I did, and I broke the plastic. Snapped it in half lol. So much for fixing it. Anyways this is where my question comes in.

I wasn't really looking to put gauges in my car just yet because I wanted to focus on some other things first but... now that I already broke it, I was thinking about just getting a 3 gauge pod for the clock area. I know they make a lot of them, and I want to get one with the OEM clips and that is already color matched to the dash. I know there are some that are just terrible and don't fit correctly etc... like.. cough cough glowshift. So I wanted to get all your opinions on what looks the best and whats the best bang for your buck. I want 3 gauges slots, 52mm in size. I want this because I am doing boost, oil pressure, and a clock. Reason I am doing a clock is because right now I have a stock exhaust that I plan on replacing in the near future. Once I replace the exhaust I will be doing an egt gauge. So with that being said I would really appreciate your input! If you know of a good brand of gauges I would appreciate that as well! I do not need top of the line, I need something thats functional and money friendly.

·
Super Moderator
11,456 Posts
Im bumping this so you know people see it. I have no answers for you though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts