ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short Line was the absolute worste buying expierence of my life! I feel so cheated, I was lied to about the condition of the vehicle. Within two months of ownership my clutch gave out, i had to replace my brakes, and the stock stereo went kaput! None of which they would cover under any warranty. And believe me I fought it, I talked to the owner of the dealership and he didn't even flinch. They lied straight to my face. When I came in to find out what was wrong with my stereo, I was told it would be covered under my warranty. After a week with NO STEREO, i was called and told it would be 350 dollars to get it fixed!??!! I told them no and I just wanted the stereo back, and they held it for ransom! They told me they would only give it back after I paid a 180 dollar fee!!! I work retail for my living, and customer service is KEY!! To just cast me aside like im nothing shows what they really care about their customers. I will make it my personal mission to put them out of bussiness, and stop anyone from buying a vehicle from them. So take this as a huge warning to all my subie bretheran, NEVER BUY FROM SHORTLINE!!!!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
damn that hurts me to hear this!!!!!!!!! i am sorry for you crappy experience with then.....i hear they ribit their badges on the car as well....things like this can hellp you understand why people go postal sometimes......WATCH YOUR BACK SHORT LINE!!!!!

once agin im very sorry i hope you get everything worked out

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, bud, but we're all well versed in the evil ways of Shortline. Some of us have worked there and a few of us bought our cars there. It amazes me that the dealership is still around after all of the bad stories I've heard and poor customer service that I've received, witnessed and been forced to give out.

If the car is under factory warranty, you're well within your rights to take it to a different dealership.

·
Registered
446 Posts
yeah they do it...\

what i dont understand is why the dealers dont fix everything and clam it under warrenty....(except exteremly fake claims).....dont they get paid for the work from Subaru??

·
Registered
739 Posts
Try calling Subaru of America and get a goodwill repair. I was able to get VW to replace the MAF for my then gf.

Oh, I've passed by your shop and seen your car many times. One of these days, when I'm not in a rush to get somewhere, I'll stop by and meet and bs with ya.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks....I wasn't sure if I could take my car somewhere else and have it covered under warranty still. I've sent Subaru of America a very very lenghty letter explaining the evils of Shortline as well. I eagerly await a reply. My biggest concern is Im stuck with a car i don't like and is mechanicly unsound. Ive got another problem with my brakes now...geez. The car chirps everytime I take right turns....arg. *RIBIT* ....sigh....
I really miss my rs.........sorry guys

·
Registered
90 Posts
Stealerships suck

i've been fairly sucessful w/ john elway west.

they replace many things under warranty on my 02 w/ 18,000mi i bought from the south location. the car had been modded but they said it was under warranty.

so far they have done,

1. 1,2,5 gear in the tranny and a whole new set of syncros
2. clutch and flywheel
3. valve job and cams
4. engine then blew and they replaced the short block!

all i paid for was the oil change.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Elway west has done all the warranty work on my car.

They have done a fantastic job on my car. They have replaced my clutch twice for shudder, rebuild my tranny and replaced my short block due to piston slap.

When they rebuilt my tranny and replaced short block I had an intake and Kartboy SS with bushings and they didn't even say anything about them.

Good place to go IMO.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That sucks to hear about your experience with shortline. I had no problems at all when I bought from there, and they sold me my '03 for just over 22,000. The rivited badge eats though. Again I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I bought my rex (04 wagon) from shortline. My actual experience purchasing the car didn't suck as much as the support has sucked since. I had one hell of a time getting my clear bra fixed. It took them 6 hours to do an oil change, repair to the clear bra, and window etching. I waited there like a chump all f'in day. And let me say how upset i am that they "ribited" the damn shortline badge. I didn't even notice it when i bought the car, then like a day or so later i saw it was "ribited". I called, and they basically told me i was sh*t out of luck. Now i am looking for somewhere to remove it and fill in the holes, paint it, and make it look like it should have when i bought it. If anyone know where to do this reasonably, i'd love the help. Like i said, my purchasing experience was fine, but it has been the lack of repect and blatant disregard for customer service that has really pissed me off. Take head, stay clear of shortline subaru.
Peace,
Nick

·
Registered
446 Posts
ok jokes on me.....looks like i have been playing to much Frogger lately

but seriously dont the dealers get paid by Subaru for doing warrenty work???

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
The dealers do get paid for doing warranty work as far as I know but each claim has to go through the Subaru offices. If Subaru notices that a lot of transmissions have been rebuilt (more than other dealers) they may start paying closer attention to what kind of cars they warranty.

I think this is how it works anyway.:eek3:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Heh... one of the middle-eastern salesmen (Kambiz.. I think) was trying to sell me on a white 02 for $20k. His main selling point? The pinstripes down the sides and the factory wheel locks apparently justified the $3,000 markup. I honestly don't think that guy knew anything about the WRX.. shoulda seen the look on his face when I shifted into 2nd and got on the gas a little too fast. His ass went back in the seat HARD, and his hands immediately went for the oh shit handle.

"I... I... I didn't know this car could do that."

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: Stealerships suck

FastRS said:

they replace many things under warranty on my 02 w/ 18,000mi i bought from the south location. the car had been modded but they said it was under warranty.

so far they have done,

2. clutch and flywheel
3. valve job and cams

I second John Elway west.....Matt in parts and Skip in the shop are the s#$t. These guys will go all out for you within their capabilities...super nice guys!!! You ask for their advice, and they'll give it to you with no BS...:D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: Stealerships suck

FastRS said:

so far they have done,

2. clutch and flywheel
3. valve job and cams

I second John Elway west.....Matt in parts and Skip in the shop are the s#$t. These guys will go all out for you within their capabilities...super nice guys!!! You ask for their advice, and they'll give it to you with no BS...:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts